Dashboard gauges and radio don't illuminate and truck won't st

Went to start the truck today and when I turn the key I get nothing. Dash and radio don't light up. Checked all the fuses and relays that I thought might be applicable, but everything looks fine. Battery has a full charge, Interior lights work, but the passenger side headlight doesn't come on and the driver's side turn signal doesn't blink when locking and unlocking the truck. Anyone heard of this issue before? I have a 2016 Sierra 1500 5.3L Z71 with 10,000 miles. Haven't had any issues until now.

Check your linkage fuse. It's the big metal fuse sitting on top of the battery box. I had the same issue happen to me and had to have the box replaced it was only $70 from the dealer. If it's under warranty it should be covered.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Specifically check the first post from the left that has the two wires going to it. That is the one that supplies power to the under hood fuse box that has the fuses for everything you are saying is not working. It could be the linkage fuse or the harness that is supplying the power.f27258f26625d5e9a962bb4febeabfbf.jpg

• Like 1

Specifically check the first post from the left that has the two wires going to it. That is the one that supplies power to the under hood fuse box that has the fuses for everything you are saying is not working. It could be the linkage fuse or the harness that is supplying the power.f27258f26625d5e9a962bb4febeabfbf.jpg

How will I know if its blown? It doesn't look like it has looking from the top of the box.

I did a continuity test on it. Looks like you were right, the fuse was blown on the 1st post. The ridiculous part is that I will have to get it towed to the dealership in order to be covered under warranty. Definitely a design flaw if you ask me. The battery has power and the engine runs, so this one fuse can leave you stranded. Good thing I was home when it happened. Thanks again for your help!

• Like 1

I'm glad I could help, if it makes you feel any better I accidentally tapped mine with a wrench and blew it lol. Like I said the part is only $60-$70 to buy and takes 20 min to replace if towing is higher just replace it yourself.

They said towing would be covered as long as the replacement was deemed under warranty. However I just moved both lines to the 3rd post, which is a 125A fuse as opposed to the 175A it was originally on. Temporary fix to drive it to the dealer. To be honest I think I blew the fuse when I helped my neighbor jump his car. He removed his side before I was ale to remove mine and then accidentally touched the two terminals together. I havent used the truck since that day so it didn't occur to me till now.

Those things blow when jumpstarting all the time, that's most definitely how it happened

Makes sense. That's what I get for being a good samaritan! Again not the best design. Isn't one of the purposes of a fuse to be able to save the equipment and be easily replaced? Seems like a design flaw.

• Like 1