2017 Silverado New Purchase with 7 inch RC Lift from the dealer

I had an 14 Silverado with a "dealer installed lift" then after engine blew out at 24k I was screwed cause gm wouldn't cover a new engine. So $5300 later and a used engine installed I got a lawyer tonget my $ back and her fees covered. Only thing gm told me they cover are rocky ridge and custom coach works.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

nice looking truck, i really like the red on this one!

Hope they didn't get ya too bad with all the "extras"

Actually that's the only reason I bought it. They had all that done to the truck about 6 months ago and couldn't get it sold. It was marked way down.

• 1 month later...

2 month update.

The Rough Country 7 inch lift rides better today than it did on day one.

Over the past two months I'm averaging 15.8 MPG city and highway combined back and forth to work, (50/50) city and highway, with the 7 inch lift and 35's

One longer trip 400 miles all highway round trip I got 19.1 MPG. Hand calculated.

Still love the truck.

3300 miles so far.

Edited by uncletony76

2 month update.

Over the past two months I'm averaging 15.8 MPG city and highway combined back and forth to work, (50/50) city and highway, with the 7 inch lift and 35's

One longer trip 400 miles all highway round trip I got 19.1 MPG. Hand calculated.

Still love the truck.

3300 miles so far.

Impressive mpg! I'm excited to take my stock truck on a long highway trip to see what I can achieve lol
  • Like 1

2 month update.

Still love the truck.

3300 miles so far.

That's good mpg. Is this a 5.3 or 6.2? If it's the 5.3 do you feel like you have enough pulling power? Sweet truck

• Like 1

2 month update.

Still love the truck.

3300 miles so far.

When I bought my 2017 Sierra earlier this year it came with a levelling lift in the front (2"), Rockstar wheels and Toyo AT2 tires the dealership told me the GM warranty for my front suspension, wheels and tires were now void. However I would have a similar warranty by a third party warranty company to cover my front suspension, wheels and tires. Everything else on the truck is still covered by the factory GM warranty.

To the original poster did your dealership tell you the same thing?

• Like 1

That's good mpg. Is this a 5.3 or 6.2? If it's the 5.3 do you feel like you have enough pulling power? Sweet truck

It is the 5.3, it is definitely better than the 2013 I had that was lifted like this. I haven't had any issue with it. You can definitely tell the difference over driving one stock, I have only towed once with it. My friend was out of town and needed to move his 30ft bumper tow travel trailer, dry it is 5k. I only towed it 25 miles. I just put the tow haul on put the truck in gear and let it do its thing. Obviously if I was going tow on a regular basis I would maybe get a 2500. However this truck will pull my 3k boat to the lake and back 50 miles twice a month no problem. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

• Like 1