Scored a set of 16-17 LED Headlights

Finally, today I found a set of LED factory headlights on ebay. I have been casually looking for a set of LED headlights from a 16-17 Denali/SLT to replace my 14 SLT factory lights which have been retrofit with a Morimoto kit. I wasn't willing to spend what a new set costs. Having been off work for a few weeks now, recovering from throat surgery, I've been spending a inordinate amount of time on the net, trying to kill time.

I've been happy with the performance of the Morimoto HID bulbs in the factory halogen projectors, but I wanted a cleaner installation and LED reliability.

They should be here next week. I've already ordered the Gen5diy harness. Looking forward to cleaning up the engine compartment a bit.

Excited to see some pics. I guess next up is the 16 all terrain or Denali LED tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably won't get the tails. The headlights are just a thing I've had for a while now.

My photobucket account won't do web hosting any longer. Im still looking for a web host. Any recommendations?

I probably won't get the tails. The headlights are just a thing I've had for a while now.

My photobucket account won't do web hosting any longer. Im still looking for a web host. Any recommendations?

Google photos, ImgBB, or Tinypic typically work fine instead of photobucket/imageshack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to imgur

At first I wasn't impressed with the output of the OEM LED headlights vs the drop in HID kit. Over time though I figured their performance is about the same except the LED has instant on which I love.

If you use Facebook then hotlink the photos from there. It is easy. I created an album in FB that is private. I upload any pictures there that I want to hotlink. Then I open the pic, right click on it and go to the properties section. From there I copy the "http" url from the pic and then close out the properties function.

Then come into your post on here and type the link in like this..

[ img ] "paste the link you copied here" [ /img ]

Take out the spaces I have before the brackets and it will work just fine. Some forums will auto hyperlink the url address, just hit the backspace key once and the hyperlink will go away, then type the last [ /img ] bracket in and you will be golden.

Finally, today I found a set of LED factory headlights on ebay. I have been casually looking for a set of LED headlights from a 16-17 Denali/SLT to replace my 14 SLT factory lights which have been retrofit with a Morimoto kit. I wasn't willing to spend what a new set costs. Having been off work for a few weeks now, recovering from throat surgery, I've been spending a inordinate amount of time on the net, trying to kill time.

I've been happy with the performance of the Morimoto HID bulbs in the factory halogen projectors, but I wanted a cleaner installation and LED reliability.

They should be here next week. I've already ordered the Gen5diy harness. Looking forward to cleaning up the engine compartment a bit.

Nice! You will love them. The output is amazing. You should've PM'd me and I could've saved you $100 or so on the harness. If you change your mind and dont like how the gen5 harness operates let me know.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/187569-2016-slt-lights-in-1415-sltall-terrain-almost-done/page-43

Looking to do the same. I want the new headlights and tails. So I do need to get a harness kit? Not plug and play? I have a 15 denali with led drls. But like the look of the new lights better.

Looking to do the same. I want the new headlights and tails. So I do need to get a harness kit? Not plug and play? I have a 15 denali with led drls. But like the look of the new lights better.

That's correct. They have different plugs and resistance so a conversion harness/adapter with a capacitor is needed. Check my thread

I really want to do this to my 14'!!! Just have other things to do first like a lift & tires. What did you do with your old headlight assemblies?

Sold mine on eBay. Nice little offset to the cost.

I really want to do this to my 14'!!! Just have other things to do first like a lift & tires. What did you do with your old headlight assemblies?

Sold mine as well. Actually made $ on the swap since I bought used 16 lights.

Archived