Thanks GM....NOT!!!!

Getting ready to take my truck in for oil change next week and have two outstanding recalls fixed, the air bag flash and seat belt tension spring, both no big deal. And I, as usual every time Im at the dealer usually walk the lot and see what kind of good deals are left this time of year. But then I see today there is yet another recall and no fix for it yet. So I couldn't trade in if I wanted to. So much for trading up till the new 19/20's come out. Man, Ive really stood behind GM and bought a LOT of trucks in a short time, but this crap is getting old. This is the best time of the year to get rid of a 2014 and trade up but NO!!! Spoiled again.

I guess I should just start leasing a Ford or Ram next. Yuck.... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. lol

All the auto makers are having recalls. At least it's being fixed. There's been lots of instances in the past where no recall or special coverages were brought up on things that were safety issues or commonly known failure items.

Still love my truck and won't buy anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I traded in my 2011 Toyota 4Runner that was under a safety recall for the passenger side airbag exploding. There was no fix at the time, so the Toyota dealer suggested that if I was driving, my wife sit in the back seat. Traded it in for a 2016 Tahoe, but I guess the dealer couldn't sell it until the recall fix was done.

Why trade now? In 6 months we will know everything about the new truck and production will follow late in the 1st Q 2018

Not sure I'd want to buy first gen on the new truck... Let them work out the bugs IMO.

I didn't realize they wouldn't take your truck in on trade with outstanding recalls. I can understand a third party auto seller, but a GM dealership? I thought that would be a non-issue since they track the recalls and are the ones to fix them. Good to know...

Recalls do seem to be more commonplace now, but vehicles are also much more advanced both for creature comforts, and the meet new CAFE standards. It is frustrating, but I haven't seen a single manufacturer escape the hellacious wrath of it. We could talk all day about the reasons behind why 10-20 years ago vehicle quality seemed better. Cars now days require a super computer worth of computing power to not only operate, but to be designed, built, assembled, and tested.

Now days you have:

Steep CAFE requirements

EPA standards

VOC standards for paint

NHTSA cracking down

OBD to CANBUS standards changing

GPS and communications integrations into nearly all aspects of the vehicle

Electric steering

Electric parking brakes

Lane departure, lane assist

Rear and forward camera facing systems integrated into infotainment systems

Electric heated and cooled seats

Dual zone automatic climate control

Electronic limited slip, ABS, stabilitrac, magnetic ride

Take my GMT400 1993 Yukon GT 4x4 with a NV3500: Simply SBC 350, NV3500, and a manual shift 4x4, no airbags, no GPS, simple OBDI, etc - not really much to go wrong on that truck. Or my 1989 Formula 350: TPI, 700R4, simple as it gets - Now it has a LS1/4L60E swapped into it, which even by today's standards is caveman simple, and those aren't really all that old yet.

I just do what I have always done, learn everything I can about it, purchase something I feel comfortable owning, operating, repairing, and diagnosing. Technological advances don't wait on anyone, a couple of generations ago remember a time when computers didn't exist. I don't have that luxury, and have to be able to operate in the world that exists here and now. But I'm in the IT trade, so I always feel lost, confused and overwhelmed. Some new crap to conquer every day!

Why trade now? In 6 months we will know everything about the new truck and production will follow late in the 1st Q 2018

Well...I had three 2014's within the first year they were out. I have learned my lesson on "first year" models. My current one you see in my signature just turned over 20k miles. I usually trade every two or three years anyway. That and I really want a 6.2. The last truck I had that was problem free was my 2012 Z71. That was an awesome truck except for the horrible White Diamond paint. Unfortunately I never saw that color at night before I bought it. It was nothing like the K2 White Diamond which looks good. The previous mix looked a horrible "yellow-ish" at night.

I'm confused?

Are you implying a GM dealer won't take your truck in trade in because there is an open recall on it?

If so you should check you facts before you come whining on the internet. There is zero truth to your claim.

I was under the impression you couldn't make any transactions with a vehicle with outstanding recalls. Hmmm... I might have to start my 6.2 search in my area. I just don't want a Denali or a Highcountry and that's all I ever see with a 6.2.

It's not just that they cost too damn much as it is that I just prefer the look of a LT Z71. That's why I bought the one I have now. I liked the black grille, black door handles and mirrors, less chrome etc. Hell, I think I am the only person out there that actually liked the Z71 wheels and still roll on 'em.

Maybe I could have my dealer find me low option

LTZ Z71 or even a 2WD would work. I'm just not into a lot of bling and chrome, yet I just don't get the "Black Wheel Movement" either.

'Kinda like that children's story about where that little tramp broke into those poor bears home and ate all their shit and ordered a bunch of PPV on cable. I like everything "just right" in the middle.

I'm confused?

Are you implying a GM dealer won't take your truck in trade in because there is an open recall on it?

If so you should check you facts before you come whining on the internet. There is zero truth to your claim.

I was not WHINING, I was BITCHIN'

There is an important difference between the two MISTER ONLY 4 POSTS MIKE49024

No profile info or truck info?

I smell :troll:

I also hear trolls are very easily confused.

Archived