Led bulb replacement if fog lights

Ok I want better lighting. I'm use to older gmcs that have good lighting and my jeeps that have led lights and bars to light up the dark like it is daylight. So I can do it but have a friend that owns a diesel performance shop and does mods to anything. He is a auxbeam guy now. I want led fogs and led bar in grill or in upper bumper above license plate mount. But he can get led replacement buds for the factory housing/ lense. But will they work good or just replace with aftermarket everything?

I would recommend The Retrofit Source LED replacement fog lights. They replace the entire fog light housing. It's plug n play. The light is 3 time the lumen rating and has a controlled flat beam that will not get you in trouble with the law if adjusted properly.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/gmc-morimoto-xb-led.html?carDisplay=2015+GMC+Sierra&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1

Somewhere along the way you are going to have to put a little effort in this. Our ESP is not working. Tell us what model your truck is.

Sorry. 2015 gmc sierra denali

Since you're just talking fog light position, there are a few different basic routes to go.

1. bulb replacement. LED, Halogen and HID bulbs are available that have more output. I put some cheap HID kit in a previous truck. Bright as hell. But it took a long time to warm up. So, not good for street/hwy use where you need to shut them off and on.

2. DOT compliant replacement fog lights. There is only one brand that I know of that advertises DOT compliant, Rigid Industries. I bought these for my current truck. They have a very sharp cutoff, wide beam, about 1500 lumens each.

3. The Retrofit Source direct plug-n-play replacement lights. (shown above). These have a nice wide, flat beam. Not advertised as DOT compliant, but are probably close enough to keep you out of trouble with the law. 1200 lumens each.

4. Anything goes off-road lights. 3000-4000 lumens is common for lights that fit in this position. Mounting and wiring are generally all custom, although Rigid has a mounting kit that fits either the DOT compliant or off-road light.

Do not just use a replacement led bulb. The output sucks!!! Get some rigid sae fogs or morimoto Xb leds.

I had some opt7 bulbs in there and now have the rigid sae fogs. They're awesome!!

Another vote for the Retrofit Source Morimoto XB LED fog lights.

Combine them with their Sierra Spec Morimoto HID kit complete night and day difference to stock lighting.

Ok I want better lighting. I'm use to older gmcs that have good lighting and my jeeps that have led lights and bars to light up the dark like it is daylight. So I can do it but have a friend that owns a diesel performance shop and does mods to anything. He is a auxbeam guy now. I want led fogs and led bar in grill or in upper bumper above license plate mount. But he can get led replacement buds for the factory housing/ lense. But will they work good or just replace with aftermarket everything?

Partsam 5000 lumen Cree LED bulbs549fe049b003286068bc609686f31164.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

The led bulbs look good, but take a pic of the output against a wall and from the drivers seat in a car facing the truck. Probably a ton of glare. Light pointing up in directions where it can't be used.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/196200-who-r-using-these-rigid-industries-50481-d-series/page-4

I had some pics up, but this whole PB thing won't let anyone see them.

I'm with cbrsilv on this, get some rigid SAE fog lights they are crazy bright! and if you want that little bit of extra you can go the route I went and do both a rigid SAE fog and rigid spot on each side! 0deac50f5cfc31ad482e94cfb7171e18.jpgba12f8617e1443e19b60467f9a8b5e1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived