Vibration at 25 MPH slowing down

The transmission seem to shift fine, no strange tranny issue that I can notice. Its still under warrenty so I may bring it in but knowing this dealers who knows if they will feel the same thing. They may just say some BS like "thats normal".

The transmission will shift normal if the TCC solenoid is getting stuck or if there's some type of trash in the valve body at the TCC solenoid. This solenoid doesn't have too much affect on upshifts. So this is why you wouldn't suspect a trans issue. There may also be a history code in the TCM they can work on. Tell us what the dealer finds out, if anything.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll have to make an appointment and see what they say. Should I even mention anything about a possible TCC issue?

You could hint at it at least. Or make your complaint say something like "it feels like manual trans going to stall without pushing the clutch" any trans guy should immediately start thinking TCC lockup

Justin has a lot of insight and experience and as in recent posts, is on the trail.

My thought is to put it in neutral vs in gear while coasting down. The TC shouldn't come into play in neuchie

Edited by spurshot

Justin has a lot of insight and experience and as in recent posts, is on the trail.

My thought is to put it in neutral vs in gear while coasting down. The TC shouldn't come into play in neuchie

Well, I was out and tried this, in neutral it does not do it so, it looks like its a tranny issue. Now to get the dealer to pay attention to my issue and fix it.

Edited by slickman

Made a appointment for this friday so, lets see if I have a fight ahead of me.

Shouldn't be too hard for them, but you never know. Definitely TCC fault going if it's okay in neutral. You may also have some darkened clutches from it staying on as well. Request pictures from the disassembly. Post them here! WE WANT TO SEE!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and don't forget there could be something stuck in the valve body itself, stopping a valve from moving or maybe a valve bore that's not quite circular. Normally I take a pocket screwdriver and move the valve back and forth easily to see if it moves, it won't take much pressure. If it has to be forced, the valve body needs to come apart. If they are free, checking the TCC o-ring and fitment in the bore is a good idea. If it shudders every time you slow down, then it should be relatively easy to narrow down. If it's intermittent, I would go ahead with replacing the TCC solenoid after the valve body inspection.

Edited by Justin101714

Well, was at the dealer today and a service bulletin was done that they said is what would fix it. So far its MUCH better, it seems to be doing it a little now but I may be overly sensitive so I'm going to give it a week. But right now it seems fixed.

Edited by slickman

Well, was at the dealer today and a service bulletin was done that they said is what would fix it. So far its MUCH better, it seems to be doing it a little now but I may be overly sensitive so I'm going to give it a week. But right now it seems fixed.

I've been having this same exact issue for the past week. Slowing down from from 30 MPH to a stop, may have to make an appointment too. Rotor's and brake's are fine.

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, slickman said:

What exactly was the service bulletin they performed, I also have a vibration in steering wheel at low speeds. 

• 1 month later...

I've seen a very similar issue on other vehicles when the pinion angle gets out of whack.  Have you done anything that would alter the pinion angle without readjusting it (lowering/lift shackles)?

On 12/13/2017 at 2:53 PM, sb101985 said:

I've seen a very similar issue on other vehicles when the pinion angle gets out of whack.  Have you done anything that would alter the pinion angle without readjusting it (lowering/lift shackles)?

I have a flip kit and hanger set at 5 in the back. I had a reputable shop in Okc install a two piece driveshaft which fixed the shake vibe at highway speeds and the jump seat doesn’t shake anymore, but the steering wheel vibe is still present at 20mph. It’s funny it doesn’t do it all the time, so I don’t think it’s driveline related. I’ve had the tires balanced several times at different shops, just had an alignment done that helped a little bit. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue after installing 2.5" rear lift blocks and a set of Bilstein 5100 set to 1.85". Feels like bad shake while braking, felt through pedal and stearing wheel.  Starts at around 70kmh very slightly worsening as I get closer to 30Kmh.  I believe my problem is pinion angles do to the wrong style block??  (all installs were done by a shop and it did receive an alignment. Also has been back and everything checked over)