The past couple times I opened and closed my sun roof on my 2014 Silverado a black rubber bellows like gasket about 1 foot long on the right side came out of its track and jammed it up preventing it from closing. I slipped it back in the first time but now it tore itself apart and I had to pull it out in order to close the sunroof. I'm assuming both sides are rotten at this point and need replacement. Seems like a very short life cycle to me seeing as I bought this new just a little over two years ago. I did get a full warranty so we'll see just what that was worth...

This appears to need to slide during normal operation. Might some silicone be necessary? What is it's purpose? Rain/noise or both? Is it even necessary?

The past couple times I opened and closed my sun roof on my 2014 Silverado a black rubber bellows like gasket about 1 foot long on the right side came out of its track and jammed it up preventing it from closing. I slipped it back in the first time but now it tore itself apart and I had to pull it out in order to close the sunroof. I'm assuming both sides are rotten at this point and need replacement. Seems like a very short life cycle to me seeing as I bought this new just a little over two years ago. I did get a full warranty so we'll see just what that was worth...

This appears to need to slide during normal operation. Might some silicone be necessary? What is it's purpose? Rain/noise or both? Is it even necessary?

Mostly cosmetic, just hides the guts of the sunroof tracks. My 08 did not even have anything, just exposed sunroof parts. The "bellows" on the 14 are kind of crap, the one on my drivers side kept falling off, so I just super glued it back into place. The same item on my 16 is a much better item, it is larger, so it covers more of the working parts, and fits a lot better. See if they can replace the pieces with the newer versions, overall better piece.

Mostly cosmetic, just hides the guts of the sunroof tracks. My 08 did not even have anything, just exposed sunroof parts. The "bellows" on the 14 are kind of crap, the one on my drivers side kept falling off, so I just super glued it back into place. The same item on my 16 is a much better item, it is larger, so it covers more of the working parts, and fits a lot better. See if they can replace the pieces with the newer versions, overall better piece.

that's good to know thanks. It's raining hard so I picked up a couple new ones just in case. If it happens again I'll definitely try your idea or just go without! With my military ID I got them for 10% off. $30/each for crap. Turns out they're actually 3-1/2 years old now. Still a pretty short life span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's good to know thanks. It's raining hard so I picked up a couple new ones just in case. If it happens again I'll definitely try your idea or just go without! With my military ID I got them for 10% off. $30/each for crap. Turns out they're actually 3-1/2 years old now. Still a pretty short life span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are very welcome. I used the Gorilla Gel super glue, it was still holding when I traded the truck in.

I had the exact same problem on my 2014 High Country sunroof. The bellows piece of rubber on the passenger side would constantly come loose, and fall off.

A little bead of clear Gorilla Glue fixed it. With that said, you'd think that for a $50k truck, little crap like this wouldn't be an issue.

I had the exact same problem on my 2014 High Country sunroof. The bellows piece of rubber on the passenger side would constantly come loose, and fall off.

A little bead of clear Gorilla Glue fixed it. With that said, you'd think that for a $50k truck, little crap like this wouldn't be an issue.

Yea, I agree. I had to glue the seat cover on my 16 back in place. There are two plastic tracks that hold the cover onto the seat frame, they came loose, some Gorilla glue and no more problems. The sunroof pieces really serve no purpose, seems like they would use some sort of adhesive at least to keep it in place.

• 2 years later...

Not to resurrect an old topic.. but I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of these bellows when installed correctly? On my 14 all terrain serria both sides the bellows are hanging down, so I dont have a reference on what it should look like when install correctly with glue or weather stripping. I've googled around looking for a video or pics and have come up empty. If anyone has a photo of what these look like functioning on the sunroof and could share that, it would be great. Thank you.

1 hour ago, EddieRWB said:

Not to resurrect an old topic.. but I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of these bellows when installed correctly? On my 14 all terrain serria both sides the bellows are hanging down, so I dont have a reference on what it should look like when install correctly with glue or weather stripping. I've googled around looking for a video or pics and have come up empty. If anyone has a photo of what these look like functioning on the sunroof and could share that, it would be great. Thank you.

Welcome to the site.

They changed them after the poor design in the 14's.

There is a "track" on the edge of the bellow, you have to slide it along the edge of the sunroof glass, and if memory serves right, they will never stay in place, unless you "adhere" them back in place.

I would honestly see if you can order a new set from a 16 up, much better fit, they hide all of the inner workings of the sunroof tracks and stay in place.

The ones you are dealing with are almost and after thought for a design.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, bjlevant said:

This piece has torn on my 2017 Tahoe. Any ideas where to source a new one? Dealer wants $350 to replace it lol.

Welcome to the site.

Did you ask them for the part number?