What's in your emergency truck tool box?

Gofas

I do over the top maintenance but you never know.

A 3 drawer tool box stays in my truck, a few spare parts and liquids.

Another reason for the tools is if I go to our off grid home to go fishing (about 50 mins. away now) where nothing is close by it's a must IMO.

:happysad:

A screwdriver, a crescent wrench, and a flashlight. If that's not doing it the wrecker can come get it. Other than tires, my desire to wrench on the side of the road is not very big.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about vehicle maintenance, I try not to let little things become big things.

• 2 weeks later...

Wet wipes and a porta-potty for my 3 year old that does not like to take dunks in public bathrooms. He will hold it all weekend while we are camping only to come home late Sunday and blow it up proper. So that's why I add these to my list for now.

Nitrile gloves, Fast Orange wipes, Heavy Duty Shop Towels, Flashlight, knife, Multi-tool, blanket, umbrella, and a phone charger.

Like muddkatt, since I drive a Chevy, I don't need to Fix Or Repair Daily :cold: I know stuff comes up, but generally with my maintenance habits I'd be shocked if something does beyond a flat tire. Even in that case, I take the Avoid all unidentified objects in the road policy, and that fares well.

That's about all I would am worried about is a flat tire. My 2001 tundra made it home everyday I knew months before something needed to be fixed. 4 out 5 times it just needed some new wires when it was running bad. Hell I was in 3 pretty bad accidents and drove it home each time. 300k later still chugging along as a farm truck. I hope my 2017 Denali is just as reliable. My only gripe is it came with a free vibrator when you hit 72+ mph. :-(

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Visa card

...and a cell phone, cold beer, snacks and foods, 5 gallons of water, a very extensive first aid case ...

After 4 decades of travel, Ive seen a lot of breakdowns and some pretty innovative fixes. But Id bet flats, dead batteries, and running out of gas top the list by far. Probably in that order. Most of the rest of the stuff can be chalked up to stupid kid tricks or totally unforeseen. The latter being the smallest portion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This last month this E-packing  became so serious for me and my family. We where 3 miles from the redwood complex fire. I had to get into evacuation mode and truck was loaded with camp gear, important documents, clothes etc from our house. My truck stayed packed like this for a week until the fire danger was gone. 

Scary moment waking up to fire all across the landscape pre dawn. The sound of propane tanks exploding as fire sweeped across neighborhoods was ominous.

C9283E1B-BAEF-4A58-A7DF-39D310C21F0E.jpeg

In my truck (bought it recently here) i have my back pack with all my hiking,camping stuff, tools, recovery straps etc. i found it handy once to have a backpacking tent, sleeping bag, and a sleeping pad. its nice when you get stuck and your friends cant find you to just set up and camp, get a fire etc. and also you need water to survive i have two gallons of water and a 30 pack of water for whatever. i also have my lacrosse stick, football and my fishing pole with the tackle box.

Archived