What's in your emergency truck tool box?

Gofas

I have nearly every hand tool under the rear seat that I have in my garage, probably close to 200 pounds worth...plus recovery straps, spare small parts (spark plug, spark plug wire, idler pulleys, belt, etc.), a toolbag of miscellaneous hardware, jumper cables, etc.

I spent a lot of time on the road in a previous life, you had to be prepared. Mostly this was to perform my job, but also to fix my junk. Changed water pumps, external fuel pumps, oil, and filters while hundreds of miles from home...even changed out a wheel bearing once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Really though I keep zip ties of all sizes, 1/2, 3/8, 1/4 tool kits, standard and metric wrenches, assorted screwdrivers, leatherman multi tool, ratchet straps, funnel, lockout tool kit ( to help other folks who locked themselves out), but no dead bodies.

I keep a cell phone handy. Damn guys, I drive GM trucks for a reason and that would be NOT having to work on it on the side of the road!!! If it ever breaks down, I will call a tow truck.

All that crap listed above makes me think this is a Ford forum....except for Murf185 that only packs a cold case of beer.

What the hell is an emergency truck tool box?

A collection of items for various emergencies that could arise while in or around your truck. Ideally stashed in a box or bag. I.e blanket and condoms, road flares and chains, Fuses and bulbs.

Or

Maybe the title should be "what's in your trucks emergency tool box".

• 1 month later...

It would take forever to inventory it all. Several tool boxes, Chilton vehicle repair manual, tire repair kit, extra parts, belts, fluids etc... too much list.

Here are a few select items that I will mention:

Emergency water filtration equipment

Survival food bricks / protein shakes

Cash (for fuel, if wallet is lost)

Handheld CB radio with extra batteries

Emergency GPS beacon W/ homing beacon

Med kit that contains prescription pain killers

Tampons (lets be adults here, they are for the wife)

Emergency survival blankets

Backpack with 3 extra large weatherproof jackets inside.

Matches, lighters, powerful magnifying glass, candles, flashlights,

Weather / emergency alert radio

Toilet paper, playing cards, pencil and paper.

Surgical gloves, tourniquets, medical handbook.

Survival / wilderness handbooks.

Extra ammo, knives, compass, fishing line & hooks

etc etc etc.

Too much to list, but the bottom line is that my .45 and I are prepared to handle any situation that may come up.

If my rig breaks down in the middle of nowhere, I would prefer the wife to see it as an unexpected, fun camping tip - not a horror story.

Nitrile gloves, Fast Orange wipes, Heavy Duty Shop Towels, Flashlight, knife, Multi-tool, blanket, umbrella, and a phone charger.

Like muddkatt, since I drive a Chevy, I don't need to Fix Or Repair Daily :cold: I know stuff comes up, but generally with my maintenance habits I'd be shocked if something does beyond a flat tire. Even in that case, I take the Avoid all unidentified objects in the road policy, and that fares well.

Archived