Help! Ripped console

I was hauling a sensitive item the other day and I set it on my console so that I could hold it while I drove. Well that item put a tear in my console. What are my options for repair or replace? At this point I definitely don't want to buy a whole new console. Can the lid be replaced? I'm also wondering if there's some epoxy or glue that I could use? I know the tear would still be visible. But at least it won't spread. What do you guys think?post-132422-150090559089_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-132422-150090559089_thumb.jpg

duquephart is thinking the same way as me. I would go to any upholsterer, especially one that operate from home. (they welcome small jobs) A person skilled in the trade will have tricks you never could think of yourself!

Duct tape.

But I would also suggest the local upholsterer. They can work wonders. If you have a good relationship with your GM dealership they may even recommend a couple they use. Or a quick Google search works too! I would imagine popping the lid off isn't too difficult, but I have not tried myself.

I have to ask, sensitive item? Secret antidote? Ancient artifact? Are you a transporter?

On a serious note I have an extra neoprene cover in Realtree max 5 you can have if you pay shipping. Slips over the center console cover.

I used colorbond lvp on my seat cushion and it worked great. Give it a try from amazon for 15 bones first...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I've never heard of that. Is that a spray can? I noticed on their website you can put in your VIN number and it will tell you what color to use. Is that what you did?

Let me see if I can post pics. Photobucket broke the internet. Still looks good after 3 months. Just tape off everything.546d372d446275c5b0ace5e0bc6adefc.jpg6aefbfc6bbeba0ff06328e39bd1353a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That looks really good. You can't tell it was ever torn. I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Archived