Why does my 50k AT have better fogs/HLs than my wife's 70k Yukon D

It seems like each year and each model has had different lights since 2014. I don't think GM knows what lights are "better" or what they want to use.

Better is so subjective anyway. Are you talking about how they look to you while standing in front of the vehicle? or are you talking about performance and your view from the driver's seat in the dark? There are threads full of people complaining about the factory lights and 100's of ways to modify/replace/swap them. so you aren't alone.

It seems like each year and each model has had different lights since 2014. I don't think GM knows what lights are "better" or what they want to use.

Better is so subjective anyway. Are you talking about how they look to you while standing in front of the vehicle? or are you talking about performance and your view from the driver's seat in the dark? There are threads full of people complaining about the factory lights and 100's of ways to modify/replace/swap them. so you aren't alone.

My ATs look better from front and are brighter when driving in respect to illumination. Does anybody have any recommendations as far as switching out the fog light bulbs to match the headlights on a 2017 denali?

Your (2017?) Denali should have LED headlights. If so, there is no replaceable bulb. There is no "upgrade" other than supplemental lights.

I want to change my fog light bulbs to match my head lights, not change my head light bulbs.

They get 70K for a Yukon!? I would rather have a 2500 Duramax for the same change.............

:freak:

The wives Tahoe 2nd stickered around $75,000.00 They do not give them away.

I want to change my fog light bulbs to match my head lights, not change my head light bulbs.

Same thing with my 16 Tahoe and 16 Silverado. Matching headlights and fog lights on the truck, Tahoe has LED headlights and then the crappy "yellow" normal bulbs for the fog lamps, does not look right when they are both on.

The wives Tahoe 2nd stickered around $75,000.00 They do not give them away.

Same thing with my 16 Tahoe and 16 Silverado. Matching headlights and fog lights on the truck, Tahoe has LED headlights and then the crappy "yellow" normal bulbs for the fog lamps, does not look right when they are both on.

Exactly, did you switch the fogs out?

No rhyme or reason to all the mish/mash of halogen, HID, and LED lighting by GM. Recommend you go with the Morimoto XB LED fog lights for your Denali. Matches the HID lights much better than your OE fogs and light output is quite improved.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/chevrolet-square-morimoto-xb-led.html?carDisplay=2016+GMC+Yukon+%28HID+Equipped%29&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1

Exactly, did you switch the fogs out?

I have not, not even sure what I would go with. Have you put any research into what you might use? Looks like the post above might help you, not familiar with the Yukon/Denali set up, think it is the same as my LTZ.

there's several threads on here about replacing the fogs with LEDs. I wouldn't think the wiring is much different on SUV's but i don't know. start here and have fun searching and reading old posts.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/195647-morimoto-led-fogs/page-2?hl=led%20fog%20lights

A 2017 Sierra Denali shows the same LED fog light part numbers as the SLT. $140 ea. If the All Terrain has a different fog light, use the vin from it to find your fog light part numbers.

Archived