Making the interior buttons respond quicker?

Wow...it takes like 3 seconds? That's just ridiculous. Sometimes I am amazed what people complain about on here.

Yep, I agree it ridiculous in a 75K truck. I too am amazed at what some people post that contibutes nothing to the threads topic other than to cast an opinion about something else.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't that is a BIG problem in the world today, it is an inconvenience that is kinda unacceptable at the price point of this vehicle in the year 2017. I am a GM guy and the price point WAS usually along the lines of the quality with GM over the years. Always said my Zo6 was the best bang for the buck. I accepted the lousy cheap interior because of what it was for how much. But GM is now gettting 70K plus plus plus for trucks. Sorry too much for the quality. My 2008 S550 instantly hooks up the phone, and the controls are lightning fast. That is 2008 technology! Yeah I know it's not a Mercedes, but it is 2017 and they are very expensive and it would have cost GM 20 dollars per truck to have the expected quality and technology for such an annoying issue. This is my 3rd truck in this platform and can say they are overpriced for what they are with alot of problems. Problem is I am a GM guy so I will complain about what I spent for what and hope GM is reading figuring how to get more market share. It is ridiculously slow in this day and age for a 75K truck.

More price for a higher trim doesn't mean better quality 99.9% of the time. All you do buy paying more is getting more features, that's it. At least for the K2 trucks anyways. Like I also said in another topic, it's ironic that people complain about the price yet they still pay it. Nobody is making you pay as much or more for a truck than a new Corvette. And it seems like the ones that complain about the price are the ones with the upper trim levels (LTZ/SLT and above). I never once heard someone with an LT/SLE or a base complain that it's too much. But, I guess the want for luxuries over takes the complaining of the price and will still pay the price. You could just wait 2-3 years and get it used if you want to complain about the price that much. But, I guess some people feel like they need the latest and greatest all the time as soon as something new comes out so they can feel important or show it off.

^^^^^ I agree. I've driven a lot of newer vehicles. My dealer let me take home 3 2017 1 2016 and settled for a 2015. They all had they same thing interior. Motors was differrnt. I will say the cooling seats in 2017 are better than later models but I don't need all that. The 2015 had the same other than wireless charge but mine has rear entertainment center. Got the same or I guess close to the same for a lot less and the 2015 is easy connect. The others wouldn't connect or it was a 10 minute connect.

This is a Internet forum. It's the place to lodge complaints. Just because I have some minor complaints about something doesn't mean I don't enjoy the product overall. If you don't understand why people complain about something, you are more than free to not log on to read complaints.

This is a Internet forum. It's the place to lodge complaints. Just because I have some minor complaints about something doesn't mean I don't enjoy the product overall. If you don't understand why people complain about something, you are more than free to not log on to read complaints.

I know people complain, including me, but it's the level of what people seem to complain about sometimes. Maybe it's ungratefulness or something like that. Point is that if you have to drive something that's 20 years old you'll be glad that it takes an extra second for the touchscreen to do things and be glad of what you do have with your '15. Just 1st world problems for the most part. Do like me when I had to go from a '14 LT to an '83 and you see what I'm talking about. I was very grateful for the '14, but I know realize what all I had when I did have it. And when I got my first truck ('86 C10) it didn't even have A/C, so again, be glad you have what you have. So to reply to your last comment, if you don't want to hear opinions then you yourself can just not log in.

OP how long is the lag with just changing radio stations?

Like I also said in another topic, it's ironic that people complain about the price yet they still pay it.

They could charge $8500.00 ea for those silly iphones and I'll bet production could hardly keep up with the demand. Plus you gotta admire the losers camped out in front of the store for three weeks waiting to be the first to buy one, only in Amerika! lmao

this is my first vehicle worth over $20k. I'm perfectly aware of what it has. Still nothing wrong with expecting what it has to work properly when it's only a couple years old with 37k miles.

My '14 was also the first one worth over $15K when I bought it ('86 C10 to a '98 Z71 and then the '14 LT) and the '14 was my only truck I bought brand new. My point is what some people complain about sometimes. It's one thing to complain about a noise, sound, leak and so on with a vehicle that's still practically new. It's another thing to complain about it taking too long to switch a station. I've had people on here complain about the smallest things that really are 1st world type problems. Like someone saying the A/C doesn't get a handful of degrees cold. I'm just saying some things are of course worthy to complain about, but some are just petty things.

I know the lag time being referred to in this thread but I don't understand the issue. I haven't ever thought of this as a cost issue or a sign of inferior technology. For example, I believe a delay in response while changing stations is an intentional and positive feature.

Anybody who thinks response time is an invalid complaint is a moron, if not you better be perfectly fine with using a 15 year old computer. It's a significant issue with modern electronics and makes using them a pain in the ass unless your 90 years old and process information that slow anyway.

That being said,I have no issues with my '14 slt and its response time. Faster would be nice but I find it acceptable.

Anybody who thinks response time is an invalid complaint is a moron, if not you better be perfectly fine with using a 15 year old computer. It's a significant issue with modern electronics and makes using them a pain in the ass unless your 90 years old and process information that slow anyway.

That being said,I have no issues with my '14 slt and its response time. Faster would be nice but I find it acceptable.

I actually use a 7 year old HP desktop and I have no complaints of the speed. All I use it for though is surfing the internet, watch Netflix and watch DVDs on it. The only time it is slow is if I'm away from it for a little while Norton will do a background scan and I come back while it's in the middle of scanning.

As I said before, it's not bad to complain, but it's bad when it gets to a certain level where it's 1st world type complaining. Oh no it takes an extra 2 seconds to change the station, the horror. Or the A/C doesn't get 3 degrees colder. That kind of thing. Again I'll say do what I had to do. Go from a K2 to an '83 and you'll damn sure appreciate everything a K2 has to offer. I was grateful myself when I had it because I went from an '86 with no A/C to a '98 Z71 and then the '14. But, after getting used to the '14 for 2 years and then going to the '83 I appreciated what I had even more.

I actually use a 7 year old HP desktop and I have no complaints of the speed. All I use it for though is surfing the internet, watch Netflix and watch DVDs on it. The only time it is slow is if I'm away from it for a little while Norton will do a background scan and I come back while it's in the middle of scanning.

As I said before, it's not bad to complain, but it's bad when it gets to a certain level where it's 1st world type complaining. Oh no it takes an extra 2 seconds to change the station, the horror. Or the A/C doesn't get 3 degrees colder. That kind of thing. Again I'll say do what I had to do. Go from a K2 to an '83 and you'll damn sure appreciate everything a K2 has to offer. I was grateful myself when I had it because I went from an '86 with no A/C to a '98 Z71 and then the '14. But, after getting used to the '14 for 2 years and then going to the '83 I appreciated what I had even more.

You know what's worse than a guy complaining about a 2 second delay, another guy who complains about that guy and writes several paragraphs in several posts explaining how simple and how he doesn't need this new fancy stuff.

Here's a forum for your 34 year old truck, shouldn't be too many 1st world problems in there.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/217-1973-1987-chevrolet-gmc-square-body-rounded-line-pickups/

You know what's worse than a guy complaining about a 2 second delay, another guy who complains about that guy and writes several paragraphs in several posts explaining how simple and how he doesn't need this new fancy stuff.

Here's a forum for your 34 year old truck, shouldn't be too many 1st world problems in there.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/217-1973-1987-chevrolet-gmc-square-body-rounded-line-pickups/

So, you have lost me, are you complaining about the original complainer, or the complainer of the complainer? Don't mean to complain, but I have forgotten what this thread was even about????

So, you have lost me, are you complaining about the original complainer, or the complainer of the complainer? Don't mean to complain, but I have forgotten what this thread was even about????

Stop complaining about the guy complaining about the guy complaining about the guy complaining about a 2 second delay.

Archived