Any must have accessories?

I have only about 500 miles on my new 2017 silverado LT Z71 and am trying to think if there are any must have accessories to prolong the life of the vehicle or just in general you get a lot of value in? Like spash guards, wheel house liners, etc. This is my first truck so I'm just not sure. I already got a tonneau cover and rubber floor mats (not husky ones but I think I will get some). Thanks!

I did 3m clear bra on the bumper , grill , mirror caps & 8" strip on hood ( painted bumper ) . mug flaps , tint , tonneau cover .

For starters, if its a double or crew cab, you should already have rear wheel liners. If its a regular cab, they don't do them from the factory, but they are available from GM in a kit. My opinion, I'd get the GM molded mud guards and the GM all weather floor liners. I'd 2nd the clear bra, that's a nice investment as well. IMO, the simple things are usually all it takes.

Mud flaps, PERIOD! If you intend to drive your truck on any unpaved road and have running boards you will want to keep the mud off of them.

Next up a tonneau cover, vent visors and floor liners.

Mine are the drivers side assist handle and the tray organizer for the center console.

Then good floor mats for the winter I put in Husky's

And though many disagree the Airaid intake is a must have for me now.

I can't stand the truck with the stock intake anymore..

Never done R U - Buy a truck and you are buying accessories until the day U sell it.........

My list so far:

Misc parts ref:

Weather-Tech floor liners

Bed Tie-Downs 22854815

Tuff-Bar 6” oval stainless tube steps 5-60273 (Westin 21-63720)

Drivers side grab handle 23135699 (I never grab it though).

Stainless exhaust tip (6.2L 3.0”) 23435023

Flowmaster Big Block Muffler 53553 (Flapper removed)

Extang Trifecta Signature 2.0 Canvas (#94445)

Cover for cap-less fill

post-168136-0-47087800-1500998854_thumb.jpg

Leveling kit, gmc floor liners, tonneau cover, and tint lol. For the guys who added the driver assist handle, why ? Do you actually use it or mainly just to make it symmetrical? I don't wanna add another beige eye sore through the front windshield unless I'll use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'9" stock 2017 Z71 crew cab....I ride with my driver seat all the way in the UP position. No running boards. I want to add the driver assist handle as I believe it would help me from NOT sliding in or out of my seat as much as I do now...causing pre mature wear...JMHO.

For me, I tried/am trying to get the protection type things done first before I start doing bigger appearance type things.

I swapped led bulbs for the incandescent license plate light bulbs, got F&R 1 piece WT floor liners and pulled off the front lower valence before the odometer rolled to 500 miles.

I got it Line X'd last week, added 9 bullrings and had it's first oil change done @ 2, 300 miles.

I put in the driver side assist handle today and am really digging it so far.

I'm planning on having the front windows tinted in a week or two..

Archived