2016 sierra rant

Hey guys. I purchased a 2016 sierra elevation last October with the 4.3 in it. Loved the truck. June 2nd, I noticed an odd noise. Long story short, it went to the stealership, discovered it was a spun bearing, and had a motor put in it. Which took well over a month. Got the truck back, drove 3/4 of a mile and the engine light came on. Took it back and had the code(P0420) cleared 5 times. The last time the dealership said they'd install new cats, and new sensors. They've had it over a week now, and I'm starting to get very frustrated with the whole "tomorrow it'll be ready. Well actually sir he's still working on it, hopefully tomorrow" BS. I don't think there's really anything I can do, I just needed to vent this and see if anyone else has had similar issues with the vehicle/stealership.

I feel your pain brother. Just gonna'a warn you there will be a lot of other fellas on here that have "perfect" trucks and will scold you for ranting about your issues. Just ignore them. Ive had a love/hate relationship with these 2014"s and up since day one. Between GM quality control and poor parts sourcing from all kinds of different vendors and not to even mention the fact that there is no such thing as a competent mechanic/tech these days its a roll of the dice wether you get a good truck or a complete lemon. What pisses me off is that a spun bearing in itself is not the end of the world. Your going to get part failures on any mass produced anything. Your real problems started when someone who was probably no where near experienced enough was turned loose on your truck.

Sometimes it's better to vent a little than take a claw hammer to someones knee caps. But I live close by. Let me know if you ever need to borrow a hammer.lol

I've been pretty patient this whole time, but its getting to the point I'm irritated. And driving the little loaner Malibu that's worth half the value of the truck, while still paying the full truck note is a little sad. They claimed it grooved the block when it spun the bearing, and that was after claiming for 2 weeks that they thought it was a lifter and worn camshaft(mind you the truck wasn't missing at all). I'd almost rather trade the dang thing in on a 5.3 truck(which I should've bought to start) but I hate to start over on my payments.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. My sister had a similar issue, needing a new engine and tranny in a 2 or 3 year old Cruze.

She drives a Ford now . . .

Though, it does sound like half your problem, or more, is with your dealership. Is there just one in town?

I've been pretty patient this whole time, but its getting to the point I'm irritated. And driving the little loaner Malibu that's worth half the value of the truck, while still paying the full truck note is a little sad. They claimed it grooved the block when it spun the bearing, and that was after claiming for 2 weeks that they thought it was a lifter and worn camshaft(mind you the truck wasn't missing at all). I'd almost rather trade the dang thing in on a 5.3 truck(which I should've bought to start) but I hate to start over on my payments.

Zach,

Check your state's lemon laws. You've done without your truck quite a bit and you may have options after looking into this.

Open a claim/complaint with GM, push for a trade in allowance, you might be able to get into a 17 with GMC eating your negative equity.

There's several GMC/Chevy dealers in Memphis, including two other sunrise locations(I purchased from the third one in collierville tn). I actually got the truck back this afternoon at last, report says they replaced the drivers side cat due to the internals detaching. 39 miles to home and no engine light so far, but if it goes back again before October of this year I'm going to push for the lemon law and try for one of the 2017 elevations they're liquidating.

Things happen, but sounds like that dealer is a douche. Why didn't they have a truck loaner for you to drive?? That's a simple fix..tell them you fully intend to use the car as you would your truck, so they should expect to get it back in pretty rough shape. Gets you a truck every time.

I hope they cured the issues. It's always a frustrating thing to fight over a problem vehicle. I "Lemon Lawed" a 1998 truck back to Chevy after a year of problems. Keep accurate records of all work and conversations with dealers and Customer Service.

Best of luck. And yes, I did get my dealer to get me a truck loaner after I was offered a Yugo sized rental and said I will use it like my truck to haul hay for my horses.

Well, 3 days in and no engine light. Installed an mbrp dual exhaust yesterday(which is probably my favorite I've had on a v6 so far) and have driven it probably 300 miles. Only complaint now is the stupid DIC dimming itself as I drive.

Archived