LT4 Supercharger on Gen5 L83?

Has anyone done this yet? I found these adapter plates http://www.ictbillet.com/gen-5-lt1-cylinder-head-to-lt4-supercharger-adapter-plates-intake-manifold.htmlsays works with gen5 l83 to LT4 supercharger. Just wondering what all is needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not many people do it because it is more difficult to install and not as good as a tvs1900.

Usually going with oem parts is a wise decision, but not in this case

Wasn't really sure. I appreciate the input. I have a buddy who has one for sale and said he would cut me a deal on it. Figured I could piece it together over time and save some money.

give it time, they did it with the LSA blowers.

Yeah I will probably pick it up anyway. I can't pass up the deal weather or not it sits. I am in no rush my truck only has 7k miles on it at this point hehe. Was really just curious since I got the offer for it.

Yeah I suppose if you got it for dirt cheap its an option. Don't know enough about the lt4 installation process, just that if you're paying fairly standard rates it's not a good option.

You may want to visit corvette and camaro forums to get an idea what's involved, should be somewhat similar.

Just keep in mind, most of the reason GM chose a 1.7L blower for the lt4 and to spin it faster is for packaging reasons and hood clearance. An issue we certainly don't have in our massive engine bays.

• Like 1

Yeah I suppose if you got it for dirt cheap its an option. Don't know enough about the lt4 installation process, just that if you're paying fairly standard rates it's not a good option.

You may want to visit corvette and camaro forums to get an idea what's involved, should be somewhat similar.

Just keep in mind, most of the reason GM chose a 1.7L blower for the lt4 and to spin it faster is for packaging reasons and hood clearance. An issue we certainly don't have in our massive engine bays.

Yeah could be quite the challenge. If nothing else I can turn it over for a bit of coinage. I will check the other forums and see. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, Nasty said:

Incase anyone was wondering, i am buyingthis kit as soon as my installer/tuner gets back end of this year

https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/products/2015-2018-lt4-truck-supercharger-install-kit-with-supercharger

I’m interested to see how this goes...

You could always flip it for profit if you decide to go a different route if the deal is too good to be true. I clicked on your link, but it took me to the main website and not the specific adapter plate. I would imagine you could see some heat-soak issues like the Z06 had with that small blower if you live in an area with hot summers. The faster turning small rotors will produce more heat than say a 2.3L blower making the same MAP. You may want to put some money into a water/meth set up for when you really romp on it if you don't intercool/aftercool your setup, and switch to E85 fuel if you aren't using it already. If you stay around the 8psi mark, you wont need to worry about an intercooler. Might want to buy an LT4 cam or at least a AFM/VVT delete kit. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain