All-Terrain SLE/SLT Differences

I am looking to purchase either a 16 or 17 All-terrain in the near future and am having a difficult time finding what comes standard on each package as I do not believe it is the same as the base Sierra SLE/SLT packages. I know I can figure out the 17 packages from the online builder but can not do that with the 16.

From what I have gathered the SLT includes over the SLE a heated steering wheel, front bumper parking sensors, power rear window, 7th bose speaker.

Separate options: sunroof, trailer package

Can anyone chime in on additional items or corrections?

When I did my research on the AT before I bought my '17 SLT I found a '16 SLE AT in the same color that had all the same options except the seats were cloth instead of leather and it was a 6 speed transmission instead of 8 speed. Heated seats and steering wheel, rear sliding window, bose system, all that was the same. Keep in mind this is crew cab short box model. From doing some brief research just now I see some that have chrome mirrors and handles but the '16 i found had color matching. When it came down to it I purchased the '17 at a lower price than what the '16 was listed for and the '16 was in Colorado and I am in Texas so easy choice. Shoot me a message if you have any more questions. I believe what made them so similar was the fact that the package is the All Terrain Premium package I believe. Both these vehicles had that package hence why they were so similar minus the seats and transmission.

Maybe a site like edmunds.com will allow you to research a '16 SLE and compare to the '16 SLT.

powerhaul is correct.

I have the original issue 2016 sales booklet and it breaks it down in the charts in the back, along with the option packages. Maybe you can locate one of those.

Check again

Heated wheel, f park assist, and power r window are not std. on SLT

Even on 16? I know the 17 it appears to be part of the SLT premium package

When I did my research on the AT before I bought my '17 SLT I found a '16 SLE AT in the same color that had all the same options except the seats were cloth instead of leather and it was a 6 speed transmission instead of 8 speed. Heated seats and steering wheel, rear sliding window, bose system, all that was the same. Keep in mind this is crew cab short box model. From doing some brief research just now I see some that have chrome mirrors and handles but the '16 i found had color matching. When it came down to it I purchased the '17 at a lower price than what the '16 was listed for and the '16 was in Colorado and I am in Texas so easy choice. Shoot me a message if you have any more questions. I believe what made them so similar was the fact that the package is the All Terrain Premium package I believe. Both these vehicles had that package hence why they were so similar minus the seats and transmission.

Ok thanks, I have noticed that some have cloth insert with leather bolsters vs leather insert and cloth bolsters.

With the SLT you can get the 6.2, which isn't available with SLE.

Yea forgot about that as an option and the 8 speed. I am more trying to figure out what and SLE is missing in terms of possible creature comforts or tech that I really don't HAVE to have.

Maybe a site like edmunds.com will allow you to research a '16 SLE and compare to the '16 SLT.

powerhaul is correct.

I have the original issue 2016 sales booklet and it breaks it down in the charts in the back, along with the option packages. Maybe you can locate one of those.

I have found that the all terrain package makes that tough since I think the base SLE and SLT is slightly different then the AT SLE/SLT packages. Thanks for the tip on the chart in the sales booklet. I was able to find 16 and 17. 17 is clear, 16 does not have a designated All Terrain column though like they did in 17.

EDIT:

So here is what I have found thanks to the sales brochure chart tip.

All Terrain Includes:

Includes 18" aluminum wheels, LED fog lamps, unique grille with body-color surround and tinted chrome accents, Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package with monotube Rancho shocks, Trailering Package, All Terrain chrome door badge, underbody shield, spray-on bedliner, rear park assist, body-color front and rear bumpers, cloth heated bucket seats (includes 10-way power driver and 6-way passenger seats), carpeted floor mats and bright sill plates.

SLE models include: chrome door handles and mirror caps, chrome full-feature mirrors and chrome side moldings.

SLT models include: leather-appointed front bucket seats and Bose® premium audio system. Not available with Driver Alert Package. Requires 4WD Double or Crew Cab model

SLT Premium Include:- NZH 20" ultra-bright machined-aluminum wheels with painted accents, front and rear park assist, heated steering wheel and rear sliding power window.

Other Options: Nav?, Sun roof, Trailer Braking

All Terrain Includes: body-color door handles, bodyside molding, grille surround and bumpers, black mirror caps and beltline molding, thin-profile LED fog lamps and LED taillamps. The distinctive interior provides a supportive environment with carbon-fiber-inspired accents, unique All Terrain leatherappointed seating with contrasting red stitching and special dark aluminum IP trim, Z71 Suspension, Inclinometer, 20" Wheels, high capacity air filter, hill decent

SLE: not available

SLT: Standard

SLT Premium: Includes NZH 20" machined aluminum wheels with painted accents, front and rear park assist, high-performance LED headlamps, 4" black round assist steps, heated steering wheel and power-sliding rear window.

Other options: 6.2 Engine/8 Speed Transmission, Trailer braking (standard on SLT Premium), Noise Control System (only with 6.2), Sun Roof (crew cab only), Nav?

Do these come with Universal Home Remote?

Looks like the major difference on the 16 is SLT gets bose and leather which both appear standard on the 17. Im trying to decide on a used 16 SLE w/ trailer braking and 10K miles vs a "new dealer loaner" 17 (no trailer braking but does get leather and bose) at 7K more.

When I was looking for my truck the deciding factor for me was the All Terrains did not have an option for vented seats, only heated. Living in Texas I needed/wanted it. Although I liked the looks of the AT better, I went with the SLT. Still love it though

mine is the 16 AT/SLT/premium package/Z71/All Terrain... i do have the full led package with switch back turn signals., heated seats/stearing wheel, Nav/ leather/ 20' rims/ parking front and back sensors/painted front/back bumpers.. it also came with bed liner and side steps.. oh and the bose with sub... ..tough lookin truck..

post-161090-0-14659200-1484837920_thumb.jpg

mine is the 16 AT/SLT/premium package/Z71/All Terrain... i do have the full led package with switch back turn signals., heated seats/stearing wheel, Nav/ leather/ 20' rims/ parking front and back sensors/painted front/back bumpers.. it also came with bed liner and side steps.. oh and the bose with sub... ..tough lookin truck..

Nice looking truck. I really wish I would have looked a little longer and got one.

For 16, GAT was available on sle and slt

For 17 and 18, GAT only available on SLT

What is GAT?

Would you go for a CPO 16 or New 17 if price and options were similar? The added benefit of a CPO is a nice piece of mind.

I really like your truck, maybe even better than I like my own....and I built it custom! Do you have the 6.2?? I thought when I was building, there was something I didn't like about the AT package, I just can't remember what it was...

What is GAT?

Would you go for a CPO 16 or New 17 if price and options were similar? The added benefit of a CPO is a nice piece of mind.

GAT is the regular production option code for ALL TERRAIN Pkg.

Archived