Aftermarket or OEM tow mirrors?

I have a 2014 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 crew cab with the standard mirrors now. Trying to decide between aftermarket tow mirrors on ebay or go with OEM ones. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with this or some opinions and/or link to a thread maybe about this already. Thanks!

I have a 2014 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 crew cab with the standard mirrors now. Trying to decide between aftermarket tow mirrors on ebay or go with OEM ones. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with this or some opinions and/or link to a thread maybe about this already. Thanks!

Bang for the buck. I use cipa covers. They don't vibrate. Removable... <$50

b23fef91c648d2da759c6c548c0471ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aftermarket won't have powerfold.

• Like 1

Aftermarket won't have powerfold.

There are a couple of aftermarket tow mirrors that have power Fold.

1A Auto has a couple of them and does AM Auto Parts. The selection is limited and down to about 3-4 skus.

1A Auto has a couple of them and does AM Auto Parts. The selection is limited and down to about 3-4 skus.

You sir are the expert of reflective glass. I'll take your word for it

• Like 1

You sir are the expert of reflective glass. I'll take your word for it

:) - I get this question asked at least twice a day. I wish more after market companies would produce power fold mirrors. The two companies that make them seem to increase their price with every set they sell.

The only thing I HATE about my tow mirrors is the pass side not being slightly convex glass on top. Coupled with the angle (from the mirrors sticking out a few inches over the non tow mirrors) and this leaves a very narrow field of view.

If I have it so I barely see the truck in the mirror (or just out of line that I don't), i won't pick up a car in the top mirror till it's almost a solid 3-4 truck lengths behind me. Makes me basically use the smaller blind spot mirror almost exclusively on the passenger side.... Which kinda negates having that much surface area.

Which didn't answer your question... But I figured I would toss my 2 cents out there!

:) - I get this question asked at least twice a day. I wish more after market companies would produce power fold mirrors. The two companies that make them seem to increase their price with every set they sell.

Does anyone make a power folding, memory, puddle and spotlight mirror?

Does anyone make a power folding, memory, puddle and spotlight mirror?

Yep - 1A Auto does. Part # 1AMRP01786. :)

Id like to stick with the oem look at least, personally not a fan of the smoked led tow mirrors. also not a fan of A1 autos look of the clearance lights, was maybe thinking about syppo. I seem to be picky

Edited by Gingerly

Though the mirror connector is pinned different and require customization. I understand why they did it... but I make it Plug and Play with all the lighting features functional.

Turn Signal

Cargo Lamp

Park Lamp

And - Puddle Lamp

This is the ONLY tow mirror that I know that has a puddle lamp in addition to the other stock lighting.

Id like to stick with the oem look at least, personally not a fan of the smoked led tow mirrors. also not a fan of A1 autos look of the clearance lights, was maybe thinking about syppo. I seem to be picky

Syppo mirror are fine. I have had 2 members who bought from Syppo and had to rewire the passenger side mirror connector. They mirror movement circuit was pinned backwards. So up/down went left/right and vice Versa.

Though the mirror connector is pinned different and require customization. I understand why they did it... but I make it Plug and Play with all the lighting features functional.

Turn Signal

Cargo Lamp

Park Lamp

And - Puddle Lamp

This is the ONLY tow mirror that I know that has a puddle lamp in addition to the other stock lighting.

What did they pin differently from what you do?

Oh boy you just about put me in the dog house now. Custom harness needed for a factory ltz with all the mirror features stock?

For this mirror - Yes. Since the Puddle Lamp circuit uses the same slot as the park Lamp, I had to "creatively" used an unused slot in the mirror connector and pinned the custom harness to accommodate that.