2001 3500hd silverado 8.1L ign-e fuse blows 10 seconds after start up

ryanML

Question

01 3500hd with the 8.1L gas engine. starts and idles fine. 10 seconds after starting fuel gauge drops to E, reduced engine power light comes on, gas pedal becomes non responsive. (drive by wire with the big engine) Ign-E 10 amp fuse blown. Replace. start engine. blows again. Truck doesnt have a/c and i replaced accelerator pedal module assembly. What do I do next?!?!?!?

3 answers to this question

I don't have much info on your vehicle. But with what little info I have. (And I don't know if the info is correct or not). But you could try and pull these relays and see what happens. Rear Defogger, DLR, A/C Clutch ( if there is a relay there), and the Secondary Air Injector Pump Relay. It might give you some direction and it is a quick check and doesn't cost any thing.

Find out why the fuse is blowing! You need a schematic to see what else runs on that fuse. The circuit could have a few connectors, even a splice that breaks off into other components. Not going to be easy finding a short to ground over the internet. You'll either need to know what you're looking for or have it done at a repair shop. This kind of issue just isn't easily resolved through us here. I'll look up the schematic and try to give you an area to start with. You'll need a auto ranging digital multimeter, a test light and some test leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this circuit runs the a.c. compressor, accelerator module gas pedaal etc, fuel balance pump relay, and fuel balance module. Are all those testable before I go digging through wire harnesses? I don't have a\c and already replaced gas pedal with sensor assembly. How can I go about testing file balance pump relay and module?

Archived