5.3 Borla ATAK cat-back install

Getting my cat-back in tomorrow and wondering if there are any tips for installing at home?

Mine is the dual outlet behind the tires.

If no tips, I'll post my experience after I get it on.

Purchased on Amazon with 2 day shipping for $976.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips!

Well I got the box in today and upon inspection the muffler in the box says "S-Type" on it! My luck I tell ya'!

I'm assuming this isn't correct, right?

I wound up doing it on lift at friends shop. Taking old out in 1 piece at home would have sucked I discovered lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips!

Well I got the box in today and upon inspection the muffler in the box says "S-Type" on it! My luck I tell ya'!

I'm assuming this isn't correct, right?

I definitely don't think it is correct. The s-type and atak are totally different volumes. Have the atak on my 6.2 and I love it, get tons of compliments a day on it. I agree with Aldila, having a friend there just to help makes things 1000x easier, things can get surprisingly heavy..other than that it's a simple install!

Thanks fella's, much appreciated!

I've installed a full exhaust on my Camaro but that was on a lift at an on base auto center with a helper. I want to do this one at home, if possible.

Full Amazon order story: I ordered the part, got the right box with the wrong muffler, they sent me another one and it was the wrong part entirely. They apparently took the listing off because it was so screwed up. I ended up buying from 4wheelparts, costing me about $33 extra. This one is coming straight from Borla so I have high hopes it'll be the correct one this time. I'll post back once I get it installed. I'm sure I'll love it.

How did you like the sound? When you accelerate is it very very loud ?

I love the sound, it is the deepest throatiest sound you will find. And it is very very very loud when you accelerate and when you start it. The videos on YouTube don't do it justice.

I love the sound, it is the deepest throatiest sound you will find. And it is very very very loud when you accelerate and when you start it. The videos on YouTube don't do it justice.

Nice for mine it is very loud as well like extremly when i get on the gas but it doesnt sound like agressive it just sounds like a bunch of air is loose and at the end of it i hear this ratle noise seems to be comming from inside the muffler damn have to check that out

I freaking love my ATAK, sounds like a V8 truck should sound!

I live in Bay Area CA if anyone considering ATAK wants to hear it in person.

How did you like the sound? When you accelerate is it very very loud ?

I'll for sure let you know this week after I install it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, removing old and installing new took about 2 1/2 hours and thats with a couple breaks and a small issue they don't put in the directions.

The nut on the main/front joint is 13MM, the instructions say you only need a 15MM.

For those of you, like me, who are installing the dual behind the tires kit you will need to remove the 34MM (7/8" works, luckily) nut off one of the rear bed bolts (see pic). This bolt will spin (ask me how I know) so you'll need to get something on top to hold it. I ended up putting some vice grips up top to hold the bolt.

post-157402-0-66839000-1502218955_thumb.jpg

Use lube on the hangars! I cut my old exhaust just behind the muffler, came out easily.

The sound? Awesome! It's definitely a high volume exhaust. I love it and wouldn't change a thing! Sounds fantastic at idle and with the use of the throttle and then mellows out at a constant/steady throttle. The sound makes you feel the engine is exhaling much, much better, great flowing sound. Well worth the money and effort.

I found it much easier to use a socket and a wrench on those bolts. Those are the hitch mounting bolts and you can reach the head of the bolt with a wrench inside the frame rails easily.

Archived