Recall on 2014 Silverados and Sierras

Does anyone have any information on the recall for electric power steering? GM # is N172085440. I saw this on the GMC app for my vehicle but status is: Incomplete. Remedy not available.

There are already other threads on this. The recall has been announced but GM hasn't released a fix yet. Both GM and your dealer should let you know once it's available.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect to get a letter from GM in the next 30-60 days on this. It looks like a simple flash of the computer, but they have to get the update out to the dealers. The problem does not look like it is deadly, e.g., low speed, short-duration loss of steering boost. If you have one that you bought second-hand, and might not be on GM's mailing list of original owners, then just check back on the GM Recall web page in a month or so. This recall is annoying but not alarming. Now, the Takata airbag recall on my 2014 VW is alarming... replacement parts are not available, and probably won't be for a long time, and the older they get, the more likely they are to not work correctly... something like 1,000,000 vehicles have the same bad Takata airbag initiator in them...

• txab unlocked this topic

Archived