14 exhaust

Hey guys, I'm new to the gm world. Recently bought a 14 sierra all terrain. I'm looking into getting an exhaust system. I want a nice throaty rumble at idle but no drone in v4. I've read some posts on them but there all different lol. Thanks for the help

I have flow master 10. Gives it a good sound. Want more open the valve behind the muffler. V4 drone isn't horrible. I have had care with worse noises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all have some drone the least is the GM performance exhaust. Save your money put a loud muffler or delete, and a range the plugs in under the dash no drone. Me I did a tune but there's warranty concerns with that, non with range.

I have a Borla Atak on my 2014 All terrain. It was super easy to install and I think definitely has the throaty tone you're looking for. Before I bought it I spoke with borla on the phone and the salesman warned me and said it may drone when it switches to v4. I have had in on now for over a year and love it and have never once heard the drone he was talking about. There are a couple different borlas you can get for this truck (atak, touring, and s-type?) with atak being the loudest. Borla definitely has the deepest and best sound in my opinion compared to flow masters and others

I have Borla S-Type on my '14 Silverado 5.3l, and it is perfect! It has just the right amount of growl when you step on it but quiets down when cruising down the road at highway speeds. I disabled the AFM in my truck so i can't say how bad the V4 drone is but i like it. Cold starts are awesome! :P I had a custom install and ran a y pipe after the muffler and went straight back with a slight turn down at the end.

The sound will obviously not be perfect but honestly watching videos on YouTube of different exhausts I think can give you a good idea of the tone and how loud it is. I know it will never match the real thing but I think it is a good start and a good way to compare different sounds.

+1 on the GM Borla side exit. Throaty rumble on cold start. Mellows out after the truck is warm, but you can still hear it. Absolutely no drone whatsoever. Light years better than the 22" magnaflow I had on there previously. Plus, it looks tough as hell with those dual tips sticking out.

Archived