adding factory alarm

I have a 2017 blackout silverado 5.3 4x4, small display screen, tow package, wt with ls convenience package. I already have factory key-less entry, but no alarm. can the factory alarm be retrofitted/added so it works with key fob? what parts would be needed? ecm need reprogramming? I bet the wiring is already there so this is my first choice. If it can't be added does any of the aftermarket alarms work with the factory key fob? carrying around a second fob is not a option.

Thank you

If you get the remote start kit it also activates the alarm on base model trucks when it is programmed or at least it did when I added remote start to my truck.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Do you have the push to start? Or is it a keyed ignition?

If it's keyed, I would suggest getting a Viper alarm/remote start because the range is amazing and you won't have to carry the factory fob anymore. Had one on my last Silverado and this one will be getting it soon as well.

I am willing to go. Aftermarket, its key start and i have np desire for remote start, not needed in florida. Both recommended system are dealer installed only.i dont trust anyone to mess with my wiring.i am more than capable of doing it myself, not as fast, but perfect. What is the next best brand that will honour warantee that's self installed. Thanks for responses

I am willing to go. Aftermarket, its key start and i have np desire for remote start, not needed in florida. Both recommended system are dealer installed only.i dont trust anyone to mess with my wiring.i am more than capable of doing it myself, not as fast, but perfect. What is the next best brand that will honour warantee that's self installed. Thanks for responses

Viper will only warranty parts if you purchased directly from a authorized retailer, so no looking for deals online. I do not have much experience outside of Viper so I can't help you there.

You do know the remote start will turn on the A/C and start cooling the truck down before you get in? Yes you probably won't need the heating feature of remote start in the winter. You can't tell me it doesn't get hot enough in Fla that you don't want the remote start A/C.

Unlike getting a engine warm in cold weather, ac starts immediately. Leave the door open for a few extra seconds, or open the windows with ac cranked to get initial heat out, witin a couple of minutes im turning down air because it getting too cold. It helps that i have a regular cab.

Archived