Hello everyone! I wanted to upgrade my rear tail light bulbs (not the entire taillight assembly, Just the Bulbs) with LED's. I purchased a pack of 6ohm 50 watt load resistors.

Vehicle:
2009 Silverado 1500 LTZ, 6.2l

Upon removing the drivers side tail light from the housing, I found the main part of the harness has 4 wires before dumping into the lower blinker light:
Green (reverse light)
Yellow (upper blinker)
Brown (lower blinker)
Black (ground)

After wiring the load resistor to the brown wire and a separate resistor to the yellow wire, I decided to test them with the LED bulbs installed. (Note, no led for the reverse light, stock bulb.) With the DRL Lights off, the bulbs blinked normally. Upon activating the DRL Lights, the bulbs would hyper-flash after 3 normal blinker flashes. I tried relocating the [yellow wire] load resistor in-between the upper blinker and the reverse bulb but had the same results.

Also worth noting, I tried removing the resistor from the yellow wire and the result was continuous hyper flash regardless of DRL lights on or off.

Anything I'm missing? Thanks in advanced.

black/brown and black/yellow - No resistor for back up lights . 4 blubs 4 resistor . www.LEDLight.com

That's how I had it initially configured. It won't hyper flash when the DRL lights/low beams are off. As soon as I turn them on the hyper-flashing begins.

Archived