black bear tune on a 17

• 2 months later...

I did black bear on mine and the shifting is awsome. They calibrated the spedo for my 35s, disabled the 4cil mode, everything calibrated for my intake and exhaust for optimum fuel air ratio using 91 octane. Well worth the money.

2015 5.3L 6-speed

6 hours ago, Velocyraptor said:

I did black bear on mine and the shifting is awsome. They calibrated the spedo for my 35s, disabled the 4cil mode, everything calibrated for my intake and exhaust for optimum fuel air ratio using 91 octane. Well worth the money.

2015 5.3L 6-speed

except the OP is asking about a BB tune for a 2017

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Following to see where this goes. I've got a '18 6.2 8 speed Denali w/ Volant CAI + Borla GMPP specific Touring Exhaust on mine right now leveled w/ 33's. Will be looking to add in a Black Bear tune and maybe headers within the next year or so but eager to see what the results look like.

Just got mine. first thing you need is the unlock code which i sent in last night.  Then I will be able to read the file to send it in for tune.  I am in Disgust with GM over this.    I have fought for 8 months for them to resolve my Fish Bite/Chuggle.  the local dealer has been very helpful but their hands are tied because GM will not address the issue. So i am leaving it in the hands of Professionals who care about their customer.  I just want the truck to drive properly, and shouldn't have to buy a tuner to do that, but i have heard nothing but great things with Black Bear so I cant wait to see the results.

Quick update, 2017 has an added security code. Needs to scan and link first, then load the code to the laptop to send in and get an unlock key code before you can read your files.  Just sent the files in now and i will see how long the turn around is, trying to be patient...

On 7/31/2017 at 10:53 AM, speedracer2536 said:

anyone have it? curious on gains coming from this alone.. Plan on doing a supercharger and long tubes with cats in the future.. just want to turn the dod off for now before I start adding parts.

Tune is in! initial verdict is that it doesn't do the fish bite anymore!  may be early to tell, but just on my drive to work it felt 100% better!   Shifting is better as well. Doesn't shift 3 times before 30 mph and bog out.  holds the gear better and doesn't bang on deceleration.  Didn't notice much for power gain, but truck is stock and haven't played with it much yet. i would like to see it fry the tires off if i want, but that is expensive, lol!