Service power steering

I had this same exact thing happen to me on my 2017 GMC sierra 3500 at 2000 miles. They replace the electric steering pump along with the module. The problem was that the electric steering unit had a short in the wiring where the harness plugs into the steering. They were able to wiggle the wires and rip them right out. upon returning the vehicle to me the steering wheel if off by 5 degrees to the right and I am no longer to hold the steering wheel straight it wants to wonder right or left. Trying to get the dealer to buy mine back as well.

That's crazy you said that. I just made another apt for Thursday because my truck is pulling to the right now. If you find anything out from your situation please reply back

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I've had issues with mine 2017 Silverado 2500 after having to replace the pitman arm, and I end up Nick in the wiring to my variables assist steering component and that's cause my service power steering system light came on unfortunately you cannot just buy that one small component GM wants you to buy the hole dang gearbox $400 might as well say. And I called BS on the dealership not being able to program it because I use the same software as they do and I have no problem reprogramming any module on my truck including the steering power steering control module.