What rotors?

Well, discovered my front rotors are suffering from encroaching rust and scale at 115k and five years of use. Typical failure of a rotor in this area from my experience. Original pads still have around 50% life left, which is a shame as I could probably get 200k out of them if the rotors weren't causing them to wear weird. So I'm rotor shopping, and I find these:

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-k6259

Seems pretty slick for drilled and slotted front and rear rotors, new pads, and hardware? Any other options I should consider? Opinions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's in the 2500 section, so a 2500 is the application.

It's a daily driver, weekend warrior (some towing and hauling) application. If I get similar wear to the OE, probably be the last set of brakes I install before it's traded.

That's good to know that someone had good luck with them. I was wondering about the "36" versus the "23". They indicate the 36s are more for towing hauling...got a link to Amazon?

For the money I usually just go get the carquest rotors and pads from advance. I use the online 30% coupon and pick them up in the store.

Well, discovered my front rotors are suffering from encroaching rust and scale at 115k and five years of use. Typical failure of a rotor in this area from my experience. Original pads still have around 50% life left, which is a shame as I could probably get 200k out of them if the rotors weren't causing them to wear weird. So I'm rotor shopping, and I find these:

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-k6259

Seems pretty slick for drilled and slotted front and rear rotors, new pads, and hardware? Any other options I should consider? Opinions?

These will work for a 2010 2500HD. Check the application chart for your specific vehicle.

Power Stop K2071-36 Front Z36 Truck and Tow Brake Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UB8KGU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fIHGzbMT5D1T3

I have about 15k on my rears and about 5k on the fronts with my Esky. I have not noticed and additional wear. Prior to this, the last time I used slotted and drilled rotors was on my SHO. I drove those rotors and pads for 70k before I sold it.

I bought them this time because I'm towing near my limits and wanted the best that I could afford.

Slotted and drilled rotors run at lower temps and are subject to less fade under heavy braking. I pull through the northern Georgia mountains as well as through Tennessee.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's in the 2500 section, so a 2500 is the application.

It's a daily driver, weekend warrior (some towing and hauling) application. If I get similar wear to the OE, probably be the last set of brakes I install before it's traded.

That's good to know that someone had good luck with them. I was wondering about the "36" versus the "23". They indicate the 36s are more for towing hauling...got a link to Amazon?

OE from Amazon is the way to go. About the same price as Vato Zone knock offs.

OE from Amazon is the way to go. About the same price as Vato Zone knock offs.

Ok, which is better...ACDelco OE or ACDelco Advantage? Price is the same, the Advantage have a coating.

Well, upon researching further...

The AC Delco line has three grades, from low to high: Advantage, OE, and Pro. Pro is equal to factory from what I understand. The Advantage are entry level grade.

Further I found that our rotors are likely Raybestos. And again, Raybestos has multiple grades, where their second to top grade is Advanced Technology. Supposedly, the AT has the best corrosion resistance short buying stainless steel (if available).

Archived