Towing 14k pounds?

Buddy of mine blew out his trans in his 8.1L suburban, asked me if I can tow his dump trailer to the dump which is about 10 miles through suburbia/highways. Just once.

I tow semi frequently, but never even close to that much weight.

Should be ok?

I don't have max tow, just a '14 6.2, so its well above rated capacity.

Guy is a good friend, just don't want to stress anything or do any damage.

Just me and it's your truck but no way would I tow 14000 pounds with my 6.2 AT. Way overloaded and I'm sure this would stress every component of the rear suspension and frame. Good friend and I towed a VW Jetta on a trailer in his 04 Silverado 1500 5.3 with 2700 miles and the transmission fried.

Yeah, I'm with these guys. As long as you REALLY took it slow and easy, you likely wouldn't straight up break anything. But you would stress EVERYTHING to the absolute max with less than zero margin for error. Plus, liability out the wazoo. If it was in the middle of rural Montana and you didn't mind beating on your ride, may be a different story.

Buddy of mine blew out his trans in his 8.1L suburban, asked me if I can tow his dump trailer to the dump which is about 10 miles through suburbia/highways. Just once.

I tow semi frequently, but never even close to that much weight.

Should be ok?

I don't have max tow, just a '14 6.2, so its well above rated capacity.

Guy is a good friend, just don't want to stress anything or do any damage.

My biggest fear would be stopping, lot of weight pushing a half tons brakes. Have him rent a truck for a weekend and wish him good luck with a half ton.

i used to tow a 14K pound fifth wheel with my 03 Duramax.

A) it was MAXED out with that weight.

B) it was scary as hell trying to stop the damn thing, even with trailer breaks (back then they didnt have jake breaks on the diesels.)

No effin way would i try hauling that much with with your truck.

Ok well that settles it, not going to do it.

My friend is a huge homo btw

(Sending him a link to this thread)

Well hello there homo-friend!!! :seeya: Please know that we here at GM-Trucks (not a paid spokesperson) are non-judgemental and rather tolerant of the LGBTQRSTUVWY community and we welcome you here.

Idiots who tow space shuttles with Toyotas however...

Well hello there homo-friend!!! Please know that we here at GM-Trucks (not a paid spokesperson) are non-judgemental and rather tolerant of the LGBTQRSTUVWY community and we welcome you here.

:rollin:

Well hello there homo-friend!!! Please know that we here at GM-Trucks (not a paid spokesperson) are non-judgemental and rather tolerant of the LGBTQRSTUVWY community and we welcome you here.

Or 747s with Touareg V10 diesels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that when you drop off your 2500 for service and drive away in a 1500, the 1500 can handle my 14k bumper pull equipment trailer just fine. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived