I don't have a specific unit or brand to recommend. However, when installing it you can run the wires up under the headliner and down the left side to the fuse panel by the left door post. You can then wire it in so that it comes on when you start the vehicle and goes off when you shut the engine off.

I did that on my last truck and it kept everything neat and tidy. The cam was somewhat inconspicuous behind the rearview mirror.

I need to get a new style 'add-a-fuse' so I can wire it in on my new one.

Whatever model you choose get one with a capacitor and not a battery backup. The battery's go bad after a year or two and also have been known to swell in hot surroundings.

I have a G1 Black Box in both my truck and Vett, but those were my choices.

Viofo A119 is what I have. Its very discreet, I ran the cord under the headliner, down the a-pillar to the usb port in the glove box. I like the camera a lot.

I am using a RoadHawk HD brand. It uses standard SD card up to 128GB. You can record for weeks before its full. Picture quality is crystal clear 1080p HD. I have mine wired a bit different and its on a switch not my ignition. That way if I park in a crappy area I just leave it on and I can at least cover 180 deg of my truck.

Viofo A119 is what I have. Its very discreet, I ran the cord under the headliner, down the a-pillar to the usb port in the glove box. I like the camera a lot.

That's probably what I will do. Can you get straight into the glove box with the a pillar removed?

Edit: never mind, just looked and I don't have a USB in the glove box

Make sure you mount it opposite of your mirror dimming sensor. If not, your mirror may dim in during the day.

Good call, never would have even thought of that

Wound up going with the Rexxing V1 and an add-a-fuse to hardwire it. Thanks for all the feedback.

Archived