Fuel Additives

My dealers service advisor tried to sell me on this BG MI3000 deposit control that you pour in the gas tank. He wanted $30.00 for a can! The only thing I ever added to my fuel in any vehicle is dry gas in the late fall when temperatures start dropping, and rarely a bottle of Gunk or STP carburetor/injector cleaner. I never really noticed any favorable results from the Gunk or STP. What about you? :puke:

Did the mechanic compliment you on your appearance??? :puke: ...especially your jeans?? :puke:

Seriously, GM top end cleaner works well, SeaFoam works well, Chevron Techron works well. All of these are less than $10.

When you say that those products "work well", what do you mean? Did you have a problem that they got rid of or did you notice better gas mileage, more "pep" or what? This BG company has this fancy brochure showing "rock hard deposits" on the intake valves after only 10k, then in the after picture, the valve is spotless. I would like to see some independent lab test these products and find out if they do anything besides make the mfr rich. Oh yea, the service guy said I had the coolest sneakers he had seen that day! :puke:

I have never noticed any benefit from any fuel additives, I've tried Chevron Techron, didn't make any difference.

I have never noticed any benefit from oil additives either.

IMO, additives are useless. All it's good for is moving money out of my wallet into the seller's wallet.

I always throw a bottle of STP in my tank after every oil change.....it's only like 5 bucks....I figure I spend 15 on the Playboy channel for my sattilite(I can't speel today), and that's completly worthless too. but what's the harm

When you say that those products "work well", what do you mean? Did you have a problem that they got rid of or did you notice better gas mileage, more "pep" or what? This BG company has this fancy brochure showing "rock hard deposits" on the intake valves after only 10k, then in the after picture, the valve is spotless. I would like to see some independent lab test these products and find out if they do anything besides make the mfr rich. Oh yea, the service guy said I had the coolest sneakers he had seen that day! :puke:

I used the SeaFoam mainly on my LT1 Camaro. When I had the intake off, the runners and valves were spotless (90k miles).

I used the Techron on my '99 Z71 and Honda Accord and noticed a smoother idle as well as an improvement in throtle response. (not necessarily while I was running the cleaners, but after)

GM Top end cleaner on a '98 Camaro LS1 helped throttle response and seems like more pep in the upper revs.

i tried this stuff called full throttle cleaner. it was at the quik lube. there are three bottles one for the crank case that they inject though the pcv value, one other is for the gas tank to getthe condinsation out, and the other is for the intake. it cost me $40.00 but i believe it was well worth it i get alot better gas mileage also. i have a 5.3 2001 chevy

woodrow :)

Is the Amsoil stuff anygood? like the P.I ??

I put it in the gf's car and she said she had the best mileage yet with great throttle response. I haven't used it in mine yet. Depends on how much idling and short trips compared to long trips you drive.

Is the Amsoil stuff anygood? like the P.I ??

It is a good fuel treatment to use. It is consentrated so you don't use the entire bottle at once. You use for an initial treatment 6 oz for 10 gallons of Gas. This will give a good initial cleaning of your system and injectors.

Then from there on as a maintenance dose you use 1 oz for every 10 gallons of gas. One bottle treats 160 gallons of gas. So if you look at it the $7.55 a bottle isn't a bad price compared to the others. :)

Archived