Maxtrac 5 inch spindle lift! It's here!

Just got in my 5 inch spindle lift for my 17 2wd silverado with stamped steel control arms. So far I'm very impressed with the quality of the parts. Here is a sneak peek, I will be installing this myself next week so look out for the install photos

Edited by kimura97

I can't wait to see this, much better than stacking leveling kits. Also are you planing on adding bilstein 5100's or fox 2.0's to the front?

As of now no, I have 33s on my truck and it might look funny with the large lift and smaller wheels! But if I do in the future fox 2.0 for the front for sure

As of now no, I have 33s on my truck and it might look funny with the large lift and smaller wheels! But if I do in the future fox 2.0 for the front for sure

Are they real 33s? Or a 285 tall tire? I had true measured 33 and it sit perfect...my truck was a nnbs but it shouldn't differ all that much

I had a total of 6.25 lift

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by rully1012

Are they real 33s? Or a 285 tall tire? I had true measured 33 and it sit perfect...my truck was a nnbs but it shouldn't differ all that much

I had a total of 6.25 lift

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No they aren't they are a Toyo Open Country A/T II LT285/70R17 here is the truck as she sits now! I'm hoping that the 5 inch isn't too much lift for it. If anyone is wondering those are Vision Nemesis 17x9 -12 wheels! post-171937-0-16968300-1502129069_thumb.jpg

post-171937-0-16968300-1502129069_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hows the install going? My 33x12.5x17 MT mtz measure 32.7in but if i recall correct your AT2's measure 33in. Heres a pic of my truck with the spindles and fox's combined equals out to 4in-4.5in of lift.

f7e1f8a5 6251 4f98 9b14 ee7d21d357df zpscahb3suu

DSC 0184 zpsvnmem0fy

Edited by jgutierrez89

So we got around to installing the Maxtrac spindle, it took about 3 hours and a couple of beer.

Toyo Open Country A/T II LT285/70R17 and Vision Nemesis 17x9 -12 are the wheels and tires i am running.

Here is how she sat before the install.

IMG 0995

The kit in all its glory

IMG 0996

Then we got to work taking the front end assembly apart. The hardest thing about this was getting the ball joints to break free. A few good wacks with a nice 5lbs hammer will do the trick, dont be afraid to beat the shit out of it fyi.

IMG 0997

IMG 1004

IMG 1002

IMG 0999

Once we got the OEM spindle, rotor and hub assemble off we attached the new spindle.

The Maxtrac spindle moves the entire hub down way below factory specs and gives you a nice amount of clearance. Notice where the lower BJ placement from the hub!

IMG 1005

Attaching the new assembly to the truck

IMG 1004

I forgot to take pictures of me bleeding the breaks, very simple with a two man crew,

1.remove factory brake hose,

2. Attach supplied DOT brake line and let the fluid fill the line and drip out,

3. Attach new line to caliper.

4. Have your buddy pump up the brakes(truck off) and hold down the pedal then open the bleeder then close off.

5. Complete steps 4 until all air is removed from caliper, repeat on passenger side.

We did not do the rear because i think the block was just too big for the look i was going for. We still attached the rear shocks but will be modifying the rear block by cutting 1.5 inches out of it. I like a raked look, but if you dont just throw em in! its a real pain getting the new sleeves into the fox shocks, the ones it comes with are to small, but they are provided in the kit. use an over sized socket and press the new sleeve in and the old ones will pop right out on a vice, use some WD40 for lube, no one likes to go in dry guys..

IMG 1007

The final results. The control arm angles look exactly like factory. The truck has absolutely zero difference in ride. it might not be a true 5 inch but it looks great and you can still add a leveling kit if you wanted for more lift!

IMG 1008

IMG 1020

IMG 1009

IMG 1015

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...