what the hell are these?

I believe to tie a child seat

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

that was my first thought (as well as the wife's), but i havent found anything definitively explaining that, and if i had a young kid and was supposed to use this, i'd have no clue how its supposed to attach to it.

that was my first thought (as well as the wife's), but i havent found anything definitively explaining that, and if i had a young kid and was supposed to use this, i'd have no clue how its supposed to attach to it.

I think the child safety seat has a clip that engages on it...I've only attached a seat a hand full of times but it's been a while

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

could be. Hell, its been over 20 years since i had to fool with one of those things with my two boys, so maybe the new ones have something specifically designed for those things and car manf.'s are installing them in all new vehicles nowadays. As i said in another post, this is a 2017 model, and the last truck i had was an 03 crew duramax, and it definitely didnt have these.

Is this the feature titled "LATCH"?

I also am too old to have had any experience with this technology. I used to let my kids lay up in the deck below the rear window, while I smoked cigarettes on the way to grandma's house.

No. Wait. That was me and MY parents...

I also am too old to have had any experience with this technology. I used to let my kids lay up in the deck below the rear window, while I smoked cigarettes on the way to grandma's house.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are for the upper tether on forward facing car seats. You are supposed to take the tether from your car seat and go through the loop directly behind it. Then attach the tether to one of the loops next to the seat. Then tighten it up.

Lol

Archived