C load or E load BFG KO2 for off road

2004BlueBurb

Hello all, just joined this forum. Have a 2004 Suburban 1500 4x4. Looking to get new tires this week, and I'm debating to get either a c load or E load all Terrain. Pretty much made up my mind on Bfg ko2, just not sure the size (17"rims, stock height) tire and load yet. I go off road once every month or so, usually rocky terrain, some mud, sand. Anybody put the E tires on their rig? If so, what mpg loss have you experienced? Currently have 255/75R17 BFG KM tires on it which are C treated, but they have the 3 ply sidewall, the same size tire in the ko2 version has a 2 ply sidewall. The km tire is great, just noisy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got 255/75x17 KO2 load range C tires on my 2016 reg cab WT - they are three ply sidewall. I prefer the C-rated tire for a number of reasons - stronger than a P-rated, but not heavy enough to affect fuel economy. FWIW, not much noise from the 255/75x17 KO2's. I see you're in Phoenix - your summers are even hotter than ours in South Texas - the KM2's might just burn up on the hot blacktop. One of the reasons I run AT instead of MT's in the South Texas heat.

Oh really? That's cool, thanks for the reply. I called Costco and asked them to look at the sidewall markings on a c rated ko2 and he said it said 2 ply for the sidewall, even though it says the Triguard sidewall on it. I'm just nervous about punctures. Do you do much off road driving on those tires?

If you can get C rated get them. The E rated tire will affect your mpg and it will ride rougher.

Have you used those on pretty rocky off road trails? Are the sidewalls actually three ply on those c rated tires?

if you are really going offroad, get the e rated for crying out loud. no question.

That's what I'm leaning towards, just wanted to see if any of you guys have had any off road experience with the C rated tires.

have fun. the burb is no lightweight, yet another reason to go e rated.

Thank you very much, i really enjoy this truck, very useful and lots of fun. Just making it stronger and stronger little by little. Thanks for the advice fellas.

Archived