C load or E load BFG KO2 for off road

2004BlueBurb

I didn't want to forget so I just checked my LF front with a flashlight and you are right, 2 ply!  The tread is actually 5 Ply.  Oh well.  I learned that the actual plies for each rating is no longer valid, just as long as the tire meets the requirements for that load range, which makes sense.  The Part number for the tires on my truck is 66255.

The ride is very nice, not Ford truck like.  The truck handles very well and whips around like a car.  I went through a muddy parking lot in 2WD effortlessly this morning that would have sunk a car.  My only gripe is the amount of mud thrown onto my running boards, now I need mud flaps!  The tires can support the maximum weights at just 42 psi and the truck doesn't move an inch going 80 mph through rainstorms, the sipes are very similar to the Radial T/As that we used to run on our Buicks way back when and we did 80 mph in the rain with ease in those cars too.  That being said, the Cs will handle your stability and weight requirements but can't say about the rocks.  

We should check in to this thread once in a while to let each other and the folks out there know how they're wearing and doing, how many miles we eventually get out of them before replacement.  I'd like to see at least 50k and 60k would be really nice.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived