When you guys do or have an oil change done, where does it end up on the dip stick? My pickup has 4500 miles on it and has shown over full ever sense I got it, and even after the oil change it still says over full. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They tend to use bulk oil. Every dealership I've used seems to be about 1/4 inch over the full mark. Even the times I do my own it seems to be the same with qts.of oil. Never had a problem, a qt over I guess could be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They tend to use bulk oil. Every dealership I've used seems to be about 1/4 inch over the full mark. Even the times I do my own it seems to be the same with qts.of oil. Never had a problem, a qt over I guess could be a problem.

It's almost like the oil is sleeping up the dipstick tube. I checked the oil on Sunday, the pickup has been sitting for a week in my garage, and it showed at least 2 inches over full. After checking and re checking and rechecking, it got to a point where I would say it's saying it's a at over full. Been this way from day one

It's almost like the oil is sleeping up the dipstick tube. I checked the oil on Sunday, the pickup has been sitting for a week in my garage, and it showed at least 2 inches over full. After checking and re checking and rechecking, it got to a point where I would say it's saying it's a at over full. Been this way from day one

Id ask the dealer, two inches over is too much.

How are you checking the oil level?

Sits over night on a level surface? It will read over filled or high on the dip stick.

When you do them yourself are you putting in the correct amount of oil?

Dealers have been known to over fill.

I do my own oil changes and when checked after sitting over night it shows over filled.

Checked when up to running temp while getting gas after sitting while fueling shows full. :happysad:

How are you checking the oil level?

Sits over night on a level surface? It will read over filled or high on the dip stick.

When you do them yourself are you putting in the correct amount of oil?

Dealers have been known to over fill.

I do my own oil changes and when checked after sitting over night it shows over filled.

Checked when up to running temp while getting gas after sitting while fueling shows full. :happysad:

It was sitting in my garage for the last week.. flat. It's always showed high sense I got it. And it's the same now after an oil change. I started and let it run for 15 min, then checked again after 45 min or so, and it was showing maybe .5 qt high

It was sitting in my garage for the last week.. flat. It's always showed high sense I got it. And it's the same now after an oil change. I started and let it run for 15 min, then checked again after 45 min or so, and it was showing maybe .5 qt high

How much over full does yours show?

A cold oil level check shows the oil level to be up to the writing above the full mark on the dip stick.

Above the full line mark (at top of cross marks) to first letter of writing. About 1/4 inch. :happysad:

When you guys do or have an oil change done, where does it end up on the dip stick? My pickup has 4500 miles on it and has shown over full ever sense I got it, and even after the oil change it still says over full. Anyone else?

Had been using Mobil 1, and the oil was right on the full line after change. Last change dealer went with the new AC Delco full synthetic (bulk) and the level is up to the first (lowest) bend on the dipstick. Always check cold and level ground.

I really believe manufacturers purposely put the "full" mark lower than the actual level the specified quantity rises to. This ensures oil burners go longer before they"show"

Archived