35's and MPH and a few ?s

Hey guys,

My lift it/tire/rims are in. (all mods in Sig)

Getting ready for install (Wednesday)

Have a few questions?

With the 35's, MY speedo will be off, anyone knows how much?

Also, can the dealer adjust it?

Don't want to buy an aftermarket tuner and void my warranty.

The reason I ask is that dealers nowadays are lifting trucks like crazy and I'm sure they have a solution right?

I have the 8 speed with the 3:42 rear.

I figure performance will be affected, but anyone know how much?

Don't really care how slow the truck is, I didn't buy it to drag race lol.

But was still curious.

All input appreciated

Thanks

What motor? 4-6 mpg off. ...funny thing is I've see dealers use tuners as well but I'm sure they could reprogram if they wanted...

What brand tires again? Some are heavier then others. But it'll be a small drop you'll notice it at first but you'll be used to it pretty quickly....a good custom tune will get you some of that loss back

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What motor? 4-6 mpg off. ...funny thing is I've see dealers use tuners as well but I'm sure they could reprogram if they wanted...

What brand tires again? Some are heavier then others. But it'll be a small drop you'll notice it at first but you'll be used to it pretty quickly....a good custom tune will get you some of that loss back

Thanks for quick response:

5.3L , Toyo MT's... Believe me, I'd love to get a tuner but really don't want to ruin the warranty... at least not this early in the game.

Thanks for quick response:

5.3L , Toyo MT's... Believe me, I'd love to get a tuner but really don't want to ruin the warranty... at least not this early in the game.

Get a hand held tuner that you could return to stock whenever you need to go back to stealer.

I have a black bear custom tune with an autocal so I could reverse it whenever...

And Toyos are a bit on the heavier side in my opinion. But you'll be fine you'll be able to drive mostly how you drive now just a bit more drag...at least you have a decent gear size

I'm scared from the bmw world.

If you flash tune like on my M5, even if you flash back to stock before going in. The bmw tools can let the dealer know max boost, flash counter etc etc.

Is this not the case with gm?

Sorry new to this world.. Appriciate the feedback

The speedometer adjustment can be made at the dealer, however it's only made adjustable for factory tire and rims sizes. For example, someone with 17's wanting to go to factory 22's. The ECM, EBCM and the Power steering control module would get updated calibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm scared from the bmw world.

If you flash tune like on my M5, even if you flash back to stock before going in. The bmw tools can let the dealer know max boost, flash counter etc etc.

Is this not the case with gm?

Sorry new to this world.. Appriciate the feedback

From my understanding and experience if you put it back to stock they see it as stock...I've never had an issue with the dealer when it comes to that...but I'm sure someone else can chime in and give a certain answer

From my understanding and experience if you put it back to stock they see it as stock...I've never had an issue with the dealer when it comes to that...but I'm sure someone else can chime in and give a certain answer

This is true on older vehicles, I believe as of 2015ish there is now a flash counter. So while they see a stock tune they can see how many times that has changed if they really want to

if you tune it and the motor or trans goes...they can findout and screw you if they want to. that's the answer cut and dry

35's & a 6" lift youll lose like 5mpg city 4mpg highway.

not a difference if any in "power" accelerating or normal driving.

when your speedo says 70 your going 77

if you tune it and the motor or trans goes...they can findout and screw you if they want to. that's the answer cut and dry

35's & a 6" lift youll lose like 5mpg city 4mpg highway.

not a difference if any in "power" accelerating or normal driving.

when your speedo says 70 your going 77

Exactly why I think I will just deal with my speedo being off .. maybe use my Jail broken Iphone and use apple car play w/google maps (jailbroken lets you use Google maps vs apple maps) theres a feature on google maps for speed limit.

But I mean I dont drive fast in my truck anyways, I have other toys for that.

Just who'd be doing the "SCREWING" here???

Modify something and take it out of the design parameters.............then torch it............and try to get them to replace it.............you have an odd way of figuring who's getting screwed!!!

Anytime I have a vehicle that has been tuned, I can tell in the scan tool. I normally verify software builds whenever I have a concern just to verify it is a factory install. Even though the software version number doesn't change, we can still tell.

Anytime I have a vehicle that has been tuned, I can tell in the scan tool. I normally verify software builds whenever I have a concern just to verify it is a factory install. Even though the software version number doesn't change, we can still tell.

As I thought Justin, I'm not trying to mislead anyone.. Its a business I know my suspension warranty is gone, but I have one from BDS now. So it works it self out.

I will just deal with the speedo being off by a few MPH... rather that than putting on a tune just for the tires and getting screwed for everything else.'

Archived