LED reverse lights and license plate lights.

Today I bought some leds for the mentioned above. Neither worked. And now my reverse lights don't work and my backup camera says "service rear camera system" or something along those lines. All I did was unplug and plug... I did have the pliers fall down between the tailgate and had to pull them out. But I'm pretty sure it didn't unplug any of those plugs. And they all feel solid....

I don't know about the camera error but did you try reversing the LED bulbs in their sockets? LED's are polarity-sensitive so they need to be plugged in the right way to work.

Also did you check your reverse light fuse in the fuseblock? You may have blown it when you were plugging/unplugging the various bulbs.

I suggest temporarily going back to stock bulbs to test sockets and camera system if fuse's areOK..

Hopefully you still have originals and verify they are still working with VOM / Volt-Meter to check bulb continuity..

It's good to check fuses too...

I lucked out when installing my LED's and did not have to reverse in sockets..

Cheers----K

I have super bright LED reverse lights I got off Amazon. Have had them installed for months, and never had a problem with them. Other people have had problems with them saying they are too bright, but I explain I have them so I can actually see behind me so I don't hit them, and then they seem to be fine with them. :)

I went to AutoZone for my Sylvania-921 LED's, T-16-W16W White type. Package shows "Off Road".

They were $19.25 and in stock..

Easy install,, no polarity issues (lucket out) and back-up camera works with great rear light..

First experiance was camping and backing up in and around trees,, great view on cam..

These are not Killer Bright..

Cheers---Keith

Archived