Does your radio turn on without keys in the ignition?

I know GM vehicles have the delay and all, where radio stays on a while with keys off, after running. This was a new one to me and yes I could have searched the manual, but didn't. I was outside last night and didn't have my phone on me and wanted to check the time. Opened the truck door and thought "maybe if you push something on the radio, it will display the time"........radio came on....starts playing right on.....keys in the house......This is normal now? :) Pretty interesting

Yes. Radio stays on due to RAP. Retained accessory power. It stays on until the drivers door is opened.

The radio also comes on and plays without the keys for 10 mins. It'll shut off after that. GM has had that feature in their silverados for a couple of body styles. I know my 07 classic did it. Pretty cool feature.

Stays on after key removed but stops when door is opened. Doesn't come back on until ignition is turned

Radio turns off after 10 mins with RAP. If drivers door has not been opened the radio will turn on for another 10 minutes without the key by simply pushing the radio's on button. And continue to turn on the radio after ever 10 minute timeout by hitting the on button again. Not so for the power windows; they will not work after the first RAP time out.

Radio turns off after 10 mins with RAP. If drivers door has not been opened the radio will turn on for another 10 minutes without the key by simply pushing the radio's on button. And continue to turn on the radio after ever 10 minute timeout by hitting the on button again. Not so for the power windows; they will not work after the first RAP time out.

I knew about the staying on part, after keys removed. I just wasn't aware I could walk up to my truck (not running and keys in pocket or whatever) and open the truck door and push radio button to make it turn on. Surprised me, to say the least..Pretty neat though. Thanks for all the info and replies!! :)

This happened to me the other day. I walked inside the house and was trying to watch a video on my phone but didn't have any sound. I could here the sound coming from my truck in the garage. Doors on the truck were locked, radio was on playing bluetooth and for 15 minutes I thought for sure that I locked my keys inside.

Archived