BDS 4 inch Lift Questions

I know there are many topics about this but I haven't found the right answers. I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado and want to put the BDS 4inch Lift on. I read that when guys put on this lift, it will make their tires stick out of their wheel wells. And I know with tire offsets there are many options. But is it possibly to put on this lift and keep my tires inside my wheel wells? I don't want fender flares, and I know if my tires stick out even a little bit my paint would be gone in a week, not sure how guys can do that and keep there paint on lol my truck does a lot of gravel and dirt. And advice would be great! I honestly don't know much about tire offsets and I don't want my truck to look huge, I want it to look like a mean 3/4 Ton if that makes sense. Getting new Fuel rims with it. Let me know guys!

I was afraid of that. And I don't really want to go with the leveling route because I know how hard it can be on the front end. So guys that have put on a lift without fender flares, how can you keep your paint on? These newer models do not have great paint and I just don't know how everyone can do it. Also would love some pictures with 4 inch lifts if anyone else has done this!

I was afraid of that. And I don't really want to go with the leveling route because I know how hard it can be on the front end. So guys that have put on a lift without fender flares, how can you keep your paint on? These newer models do not have great paint and I just don't know how everyone can do it. Also would love some pictures with 4 inch lifts if anyone else has done this!

You live with it unfortunately. You can get those film coatings or the ceramic coatings. Not sure how effective the latter is against stone chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to lift my truck but want to keep factory track width.

I was given two options by my local truck performance shop that I'll pass along to you...

Option 1) Rough Country bracket lift. [however the consensus here seems to be avoid RC]

Option 2) Buy aftermarket 20 inch wheels with a "very high positive offset".

I was told going to 20" diameter would help me clear suspension geometry/knuckle and a high positive offset would sink the wheels back in towards the hub.

**However**, I don't know if he was just blowing smoke up my a$$ or if this is a legit possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do have flares that look like they could be factory and smooth instead of the pocket flares with the simulated bolts. I've seen lifted trucks with stock rims and the tires didn't seem to stick out as much as they would with most aftermarket rims. You may be able to fine rims with an offset that doesn't stick out as much, but that may mean you wouldn't be able to fit as big of a tire. The thing is just about everyone that has or wants a lift wants the tires to stick out, so I guess you're 1 of a million that don't want the tires to stick out. I personally like it. I guess you mainly have to decide if you'd rather have the lift or flawless paint. I personally don't mind little scratches on a truck since it is well, a truck. Of course I don't want the scratch to go to bare metal.

I do remember the first time I went down a dirt/gravel road in my '14 when I had it. It was maybe within the first week of buying it and it did make my skin crawl hearing all of the pebbles and gravel hitting the truck. It was probably mainly hitting the steps though. I kept it stock height with stock rims. I soon got over it though and didn't care about getting it dirty or whatever. I guess being my first brand new truck I had to pop the cherry and once I did not much bothered me about a scratch or ding since I love using a truck as a truck as much as possible.

I know there are many topics about this but I haven't found the right answers. I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado and want to put the BDS 4inch Lift on. I read that when guys put on this lift, it will make their tires stick out of their wheel wells. And I know with tire offsets there are many options. But is it possibly to put on this lift and keep my tires inside my wheel wells? I don't want fender flares, and I know if my tires stick out even a little bit my paint would be gone in a week, not sure how guys can do that and keep there paint on lol my truck does a lot of gravel and dirt. And advice would be great! I honestly don't know much about tire offsets and I don't want my truck to look huge, I want it to look like a mean 3/4 Ton if that makes sense. Getting new Fuel rims with it. Let me know guys!

I'm considering this as well and would like to keep my stock 20" all terrain wheels and not have to run fender flares if thats possible.

Take a look at the CST Stage 2 - 4.5" lift. No track change. Looks like a quality lift and they have coilover upgrades too. I started a thread on it today. Still hard for me to justify the $5K for lift, tires and rims though.

Most knuckle lifts increase track width due to cv spacers which are generally 1.5" (per side) to even the track width you would then need to add rear wheel spacers. You can get a x9 wheel with a low positive or 0 offset to keep track width as thin as possible. I have x10 wheels and have had that setup on my past 2 trucks and my paint was always fine.

21dc772a8cc5c5f0e61e84ce6a7f3ebe.jpg

3f5086e66fe05632ec7a045796bfaa12.jpg

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

try a 2.5" level and a 1.5" body lift. that's what I did to fit my 35's. no width change. I too hated the idea of having the fronts stick out that' much farther

spacers on the rear fix the "dog tracking" look

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

Archived