Used/New '17 Silverado CC - from USA

We had a Flint LTZ crew cab in yesterday.

No build issues with the Mexico ones though. Same quality as the US ones.

If you really "must" have a US crew, have your dealer see if they can do a locate based on the plant RPO code CMD.

The first of the VIN on a US 1/2 ton crew will be "1", the last 8 digits will start with an HFxxxxxx. Mexico with be a "3" up front, and HGxxxxxx last 8.

Large majority yes, and its a 1/2 ton only thing. HD crews are all US.

Wow learn something new on this forum everyday. I didn't realize Flint was producing any 1500 crews now. i know a few years back they were doing it (I think it was the old body style) and I searched high and low in my area for a Flint crew to no avail. I like the idea of a US built truck, but I'll have to at least say my Silao produced trucks have been top notch.

Hope you have better luck with a "3" than I did with Avalanches which were only made in Mexico. Early 2nd gen production '07 wasn't too bad, but the '12 and '13 were built like crap as though some parts were sourced locally. That's when I bought a Slivy, and made damn sure that every Chevy I bought since started with a "1" or "2" in the VIN.

Flint Silvy DC has over 12K and only to the dealer once for a voluntary software update.

I got mine end of April and have not had one issue yet and I still love this thing, thankfully. I'm still going to watch for that next time.

Jus fly an American flag in your mexican truck and no one will know

This will be my 5th gm truck but the 1st Foreign built one. I should probably get a Hencho en Mexico sticker :-/

Wow learn something new on this forum everyday. I didn't realize Flint was producing any 1500 crews now. i know a few years back they were doing it (I think it was the old body style) and I searched high and low in my area for a Flint crew to no avail. I like the idea of a US built truck, but I'll have to at least say my Silao produced trucks have been top notch.

We had a bunch on the lot at the end of the 2014 model year run. I've only seen a small number around since then. The LTZ 2017 that was in for service that was a Flint built was sold at our other store. First 17' I've seen.

They are out there, just hard to find...

Archived