Used/New '17 Silverado CC - from USA

I'm looking for a used '17 Silverado 1500 CC. (Or a deeply discounted new '17 CC, considering the end of the model year is right around the corner) I waited specifically for the '17 model due to reading last year that more CC production would be shifted to the USA from Mexico. After looking around on the internet for the last 6 days, all the CC I've found are made in Mexico. Are there any '17 1500 CC that are made in the USA? This is getting frustrating. I'm a lifelong GM fan and my current Chevrolet pickup (made in USA) is going to need to be replaced due to the family getting bigger.

Thanks for the reply B_SKY33... factoring in that I have someone that wants to buy my truck right now: my basic must have is that it's a 1500 CC that's built in the US. Specifically I'm looking in the $40,000 area. I've looked on the used vehicle websites and done Chevrolet's inventory search, pretty much for the east coast. Every CC that I've seen is made in Mexico. Do any '17 CC exist that were made at the Flint plant? Was yours made in the US?

We had a Flint LTZ crew cab in yesterday.

No build issues with the Mexico ones though. Same quality as the US ones.

If you really "must" have a US crew, have your dealer see if they can do a locate based on the plant RPO code CMD.

The first of the VIN on a US 1/2 ton crew will be "1", the last 8 digits will start with an HFxxxxxx. Mexico with be a "3" up front, and HGxxxxxx last 8.

Hold on... all the CC's are made in Mexico? This I did not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Large majority yes, and its a 1/2 ton only thing. HD crews are all US.

A Flint CC LTZ? Where is it? I'll buy it.

I'm a 3rd generation GM/Chevrolet family, on both sides. It's just in my blood. Any vehicle we've ever owned has been US made.

I'm also a union guy and like to support my fellow union brothers and sisters here in the USA. If it comes down to it, I'd get a US made double cab over a CC made in Mexico.

I appreciate all the help folks.... I'm still searching for a CC.

A Flint CC LTZ? Where is it? I'll buy it.

I'm a 3rd generation GM/Chevrolet family, on both sides. It's just in my blood. Any vehicle we've ever owned has been US made.

I'm also a union guy and like to support my fellow union brothers and sisters here in the USA. If it comes down to it, I'd get a US made double cab over a CC made in Mexico.

I appreciate all the help folks.... I'm still searching for a CC.

Nice to still see some loyalty.

I believe I read in this poll (see below) that all CC are made in Mexico

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159816-usmexico-build-tally/page-1

I just bought a 2017 Sierra SLT CC 6.2L with vented seats and the Bose stereo for $38,550 from Hiley GMC in Forth Worth, TX. I then had it shipped to Southern California for $975. Never even stepped foot into a dealership. They still have a TON at this price and a little higher. I worked with an AMAZING salesman named Robert Olson.

I actually didn't even think about it until I was in the finance dept and saw that my vin started with 3...

"Ah shit"

Hope you have better luck with a "3" than I did with Avalanches which were only made in Mexico. Early 2nd gen production '07 wasn't too bad, but the '12 and '13 were built like crap as though some parts were sourced locally. That's when I bought a Slivy, and made damn sure that every Chevy I bought since started with a "1" or "2" in the VIN.

Flint Silvy DC has over 12K and only to the dealer once for a voluntary software update.

Archived