Fog light addition

I cant seem to find a clear answer here for this.

2013 Duramax, 2500hd, ccsb, 4x, Canadian model LT. Camping last week I rolled over the kids bike while lining up to hitch trailer. Backed off...boom. Main valance, lower valance both tore bad. Bumper skin next to plate tweeked too. I do NOT have fog lights. I really prefer that look. 1. Can i just r n r the non fog bumper skin for a fog one?

2. I can get new fog switch. Is the wiring in light switch harness?

3. Are the fog wires behind bumper?

4. Will i need a fog light relay for J box?

5. The BCM needs to be told fog lights are there correct?

Thanks, i just cannot seem to find definitive answers. Got shop qoute..400 to do valances and bent skin. 1200 to replace skin and plastic with same stuff. Friend does big rig auto body. Said get me parts and 100 bucks get you in and out. Skin and valance are only 300, switch 30, lights 80. Be worth it. Looks much nicer IMO

No skin, that's the actual steel bumper bar.

Looking at all the OE stuff, using MSRP, the bar (with fog lamp holes) is $474.18, main valance $176.80, lower is $55.78 and top chrome cap (under the headlights) is $295.00. For the lights, $116.67 and $129.50, the mounting buckets are $24.95 each. The blunt cut connector ends for the bulbs are $57.73 each. That's $1413.29 for the hard parts.

Here is where your problem will be.

Truck is not pre-wired, and the BCM can't be re-programmed to function the fog lamps.

You would have to run a toggle switch, power and ground it and the lights.

Looking at all the OE stuff, using MSRP, the bar (with fog lamp holes) is $474.18, main valance $176.80, lower is $55.78 and top chrome cap (under the headlights) is $295.00. For the lights, $116.67 and $129.50, the mounting buckets are $24.95 each. The blunt cut connector ends for the bulbs are $57.73 each. That's $1413.29 for the hard parts.

Truck is not pre-wired, and the BCM can't be re-programmed to function the fog lamps.

Thank you. I wonder if there is a RPO code I can check for. I assume if they are not there they aint there. I dont have real issue with running "extra" switch. Bumper is, aftermarket, and lower big valance are $300 total. Light about 80-120. Wonder if I just put Ridgid ones in? Look nice too. Do I need the top cap? Is it different? Appears same. Again thank you for the info. One thing I miss about older trucks. Just add it on no BCM etc to fret about.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure its not prewired? My 03 is prewired but who knows GM and their infinate wisdom may have decided against it.

You were correct sir no wires or evidence of such wires going to run a relay and a switch thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If you add the harness along with all the other related end caps Ect for the bumper and the switch it's completely plug-and-play.

True...

Can the stock switch be added and run the system with a relay and stand alone wiring? Or does the stock switch need a few other inputs to work?

True...

Can the stock switch be added and run the system with a relay and stand alone wiring? Or does the stock switch need a few other inputs to work?

Just add the missing wire at the fuse box for power for the light. Add switch. Done

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2017 at 12:10 AM, TroyDairy said:

Found some good post on another gm truck forum.  B5, got right plug from Mouser.  Hooked, swapped in new ACDel switch.  Boom all perfect.....THANKS Spartan

No problem. I bought all the parts a long time ago in bulk and have them in trays. I dont have part numbers any more or i could have given you the pin part number for the box. 

Archived