CST Stage 2 - 4.5" lift kit - Anybody running this?

Been looking at lift kits for 3 years now debating on whether I want to stay leveled with spacers; add a 1.5 BL; go to coilovers and UCAs; or just get a true 4" suspension lift. My goal was always to retain my stocker 18s which pretty much rules out any spindle lift, plus I can't stand the look of a wider front track.

This CST kit looks well made and retains the original front track. I believe I can still run my stocker 18s with this kit with a 295/70r18 or so. I recognize that I'm still limited in width on any tire I chose because of UCA and swaybar rubbing. I would have to run 1.5" spacers to go wider than 11.5" width or so.

Anyone got any feedback on this kit? Hard to install? Lots of cutting? Don't want to hear that BDS or Zone is better....just want to know if anyone has any experience with this kit.

http://cstsuspension.com/cast-steel-uca/307-4-inch-lift-kit-2014-to-2017-k1500-stage-2.html

I was one of the first to run this kit from them beginning of the year...I was pissed off because I had to wait 3 months for delivery after I payed.... And the website didn't state it was still in production stages....

I waited and I'm glad I did....

I went with Bilstein shocks over the brand they offer just because I'm a fan of Bilstein.

It rides very smooth over all..I can't wait till I upgrade to there coilver kit soon.

I actually added the adjustable bilsteins to this lift and put them at the highest setting. So total I'm at about 6.25 of lift on the front. Did that to clear my 35s.

Quality wise..I've had and seen alot of lifts and it's gotta be at the top of the list for attention to detail.

Installation wasn't hard at at all. Took my buddy only 1 8 hour work day.

I was going to install it myself but he already had my truck in for some paint so I figured it was worth the down day to get it installed by him.

I'll try to post up some pics later

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did it require any cutting of the truck itself? Such as the factory cross member or anything else needed to be modified?

Trying to figure out if the truck could easily be returned to stock after installing if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im running 0 offset method mesh on 35/12.5/20 Toyo rts and still rub a bit at full lock reverse

Considering I'm even higher then their 4.5 lift. I'd bet even a 35 on stock wheels would rub some

Cutting was minor. Could be returned to stock as long as you keep the crossmember as that is the only thing that is removed besides your factory rear blocks

Im running 0 offset method mesh on 35/12.5/20 Toyo rts and still rub a bit at full lock reverse

Considering I'm even higher then their 4.5 lift. I'd bet even a 35 on stock wheels would rub some

Cutting was minor. Could be returned to stock as long as you keep the crossmember as that is the only thing that is removed besides your factory rear blocks

Sounding more and more like this is the kit to have!

So is this kit obtaining the lift like the bracket lift from rough country?

It doesn't seem like it's a knuckle lift like zone or BDS

• 3 weeks later...

So is this kit obtaining the lift like the bracket lift from rough country?

It doesn't seem like it's a knuckle lift like zone or BDS

Yes it is, I have the 5" RC Bracket lift which is essentially the same thing, and was comparing the two before I bought. I wanted this type of lift because it involves less cutting and keeps the factory front track width. I'm very pleased with my decision so far.

any pics of your truck??

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Archived