Fender Flares for 2014 Silverado CC Short Box - Recommendations?

I am looking to get a set of fender flares for my 2014 Silverado LT Crew Cab Short Box, and I am looking for some opinions from those with experience. Which brand(s) should I look at?

I know Bushwacker is one of the original manufacturers of flares, but their prices are pretty high. I can get a set of black bushwackers for $395 shipped (after $75 rebate). Is there another brand I should consider ? I can't afford to get a set of color matching ones at this time because 1) budget is a concern and 2) my wife is wanting me to have the flares wrapped in camo before I install them. I'm not sure about the camo, but I am thinking that I can buy the unpainted black ones and decide later if I want to wrap/paint them.

I am also buying a set of Havok HS2 nerf bars for the truck to be installed also.

Personally don't like the looks of flares on short box the gas cap is cut out. I have the bushmasters color matched and love the look

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I like the look, and actually don't mind the cutout look for the gas cap.

Did you install your own BW's? Any concerns drilling the holes into the fenders ? Anything you did to help prevent it rust from rusting at those holes in the future? I live in South Florida, so I don't have the salt from roads in winter. I do have to worry about the sand/saltwater region.

I actually ended up ordering a set of Bushwacker Flares (pocket type) for $399 before the $75 rebate. As such, my flares are going to be a final cost of $325.

My research today indicated that the RC flares and some of the other unpainted flares in the 200-300 range are pretty thin compared to Bushwacker. IDK if this will ultimately make a difference once the flares are installed.

I will post pics once they arrive, and I can install them.

Archived