Removing rear glass

Has anyone removed the rear glass in their 1500? I'm going to install a manual slider and it seems getting the rear glass out is a PITA. I have the tool but it's almost like the adhesive is hard as a rock. Any advise would be great or ideas..... A hammer maybe?? ;-)

This video is for a older Silverado but I came across this video because I also want to install a slider in regular cab. When you get the slider installed please post pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Is it not similar to the front windshield? I watched them remove that when I had to get a new windshield due to a rock and they basically had to dig or cut it out of this epoxy stuff thats around the entire glass. Not sure if the back is like that or not? May be a good idea to go to your local glass shop and I'm sure they'd give you an idea of how to do it.

Great video!!! Thanks!! I have that power tool in my shop, this is going to be easy!

Your welcome. Did you pick up a C.R Laurence slider? I've been looking and that's the only one u can find.

Your welcome. Did you pick up a C.R Laurence slider? I've been looking and that's the only one u can find.

This is the one I have in the link below, great people to work with. Spoke with them on the phone and sent them the info from my truck they needed to make sure what version of the slider I needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-14-17-Chevy-Silverado-Back-Glass-MANUAL-SLIDER-Dark-Tinted-None-Heated/192267393422?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Post some pictures when installed please. I can't find any good pictures online. I want to see if I like how it sits when installed.

Will do, going to do this tomorrow

I just modified a blade for my vibrating tool (see below blade link). I ground it flat on each end to make the blade straight then on my grinder I put a sharp edge on both ends. It worked great! In less then five min I had the driver side all done. I'll post a video on grinding the blade and the process of using it on the glass. It won't be the entire time it takes me to cut out the glass as its only me. I don't have anyone to film this and the process will be on the passenger side.. But if you have this tool and modify a blade like I did, pulling this rear window out is simple. No need to remove any interior trim.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Oscillating-Titanium-Metal-Blade-DWA4209/204793123

Here are some videos now they are not that good and doing this with one hand was not something I ever do.

Here's a pic of the window all installed

post-173243-0-12216800-1502750882_thumb.jpg

Archived