On Star is a joke...

eboggs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, eboggs said:

I'm sure this has been said before, but I got a letter from them today stating my free trial is running out and I better act fast! Which sparked my annoyance immediately. ;)

How is On Star not considered outdated -already?- with smart phones, AAA etc...what purpose on this earth does paying a premium to have a middle man (or woman) on the phone with you accomplish?

My rant is over....however, I am willing to listen if someone has a legitimate defense for their case.

I miss the on star Verizon partnership. I had a phone in my truck at all times. 

If OnStar were to lobby the insurance industry and get me some discount that I could us to offset the cost, I’d do it.   But it would be the OS lobby working with the insurance lobby...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started using it when I bought my Hummer in 07. I like it. Most navigation systems irritate me and I like just punching one button, telling them where I need to go, what I need, where's the nearing diesel, pizza, a hospital, etc. That' all there is to it, simple, quick, I can do it while I'm driving.  If something really bad happens, I know they will have somebody on the way ASAP, no matter where I am. My Brother in Law was in the middle of nowhere Texas and his transmission started acting a bit strange. He called On-Star and they told him what was wrong, where the nearest dealer was, and that it was safe to drive to that dealer. I like the monthly check ups on the truck I get via email. When I'm on a long trip, I know I'm never alone, I like the idea of talking to a person if I have an issue or a question. For me, it's worth the money. 

Archived