2017 Silverado Z71 0-130

Made a little video this morning. Wanted to see how bad the vibration was on my truck at 100+ and to get a top end video. The only vibrations I noticed on my truck was right around 110-114. After that the truck smoothed out. Truck seemed to pull well up till 120 and then the last 10mph was the struggle.

I'm guessing your truck is NOT stock. :crackup:

It is not lol. K&N drop in filter, custom cat-back with a Venom 250 muffler, and a Klug Performance e85 tune.

Cool video. I used to do this with my 88 Volvo 740.. took a bit longer to max out around 114mph ;). Seeing the "4 wheel drive shift in progress" notificaiton made me physically uncomfortable. Assuming it was automatically shifting OUT of 4x4, but under a lot of stress. Glad you're enjoying your ride!

Cool video. I used to do this with my 88 Volvo 740.. took a bit longer to max out around 114mph ;). Seeing the "4 wheel drive shift in progress" notificaiton made me physically uncomfortable. Assuming it was automatically shifting OUT of 4x4, but under a lot of stress. Glad you're enjoying your ride!

When I do a 1/4 mile pass or a tuning pull with my truck I normally leave it in 4wd but i didn't feel comfortable leaving it in 4hi to that high of a mph. I would not recommend switching like that on a regular basis that is for sure.

Do you know what your shift points are set to? RPM seemed pretty high.

I have them set to 6400rpm. Started at 6000, then went to 6300, and ended at 6400. 6400 had the best 1/8 and 1/4 mile times out of the 3 different shift points.

Dude buys a 5400 lb truck with the 'off road' package and not the biggest engine, and is worried about 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile performance. And then proceeds to do transfer case shifts at wide open throttle.

No wonder the General bends over backwards trying to deny warranty claims!

Dude buys a 5400 lb truck with the 'off road' package and not the biggest engine, and is worried about 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile performance. And then proceeds to do transfer case shifts at wide open throttle.

Not many people do this to their trucks.

I'd love to have a Camaro SS but can't afford the extra payment of a second vehicle. A Camaro SS can't go through 2 feet of snow and do things I need the truck to do. I love my truck it can perform well at the track, go through mud and snow, pull a trailer, and haul stuff in the bed. That is why I bought a truck because how versatile it is.There is a reason they make aftermarket performance mods for trucks because there are other people who are interested in performance out of there trucks as well. If you read my comment above about shifting out of 4wd I said I DO NOT RECOMMEND shifting out of 4wd like I did. Then again I am the same person if I had an extra 20,000 to spend I would get a stall, cam, heads and an Armageddon twin turbo kit for my 5400 lb off road truck. To each there own.

And I was happy tonight just hearing the mild Flowmaster exhaust during moderate acceleration from 0-60 while running errands. To each his own. Would love to watch the Gorske in a 1/4 mile run though............

:driving:

I'd love to have a Camaro SS but can't afford the extra payment of a second vehicle. A Camaro SS can't go through 2 feet of snow and do things I need the truck to do. I love my truck it can perform well at the track, go through mud and snow, pull a trailer, and haul stuff in the bed. That is why I bought a truck because how versatile it is.There is a reason they make aftermarket performance mods for trucks because there are other people who are interested in performance out of there trucks as well. If you read my comment above about shifting out of 4wd I said I DO NOT RECOMMEND shifting out of 4wd like I did. Then again I am the same person if I had an extra 20,000 to spend I would get a stall, cam, heads and an Armageddon twin turbo kit for my 5400 lb off road truck. To each there own.

If you have the means to repair any potential "catastrophic" part failures, I say mod to your hearts content and as always, more power is always better.

I'm lucky enough to have a heavily modified 2011 Camaro SS/RS, all done by me, and I'm always looking for mod's I can do to my 2017 Silverado. Some of us have the mod "gene" I believe, albeit a habit that doesn't always make for a large savings account[emoji51]. You only live once brother, do it to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived