Which do you prefer: chrome, color matched, or black?

Chrome, Color Match, or Black?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do I vote for all three?

I like the chrome front end on the 16/17’s

I hate the chrome handles and think the color match handles look much better

BUT would prefer to have black mirrors…

Added "Mix". I should've added this from the beginning, as I currently have color matched handles and black mirror caps.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chrome should only be found on classic cars and motorcycles.

I have often wondered what the weight difference would be if the modern vehicles used chrome played metal as opposed to the plastic bits they use for weight savings / cost savings. Sorry to change the subject

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm in the minority. I prefer the look of the black door handles, grille and mirror caps. I just think the '14/15 Z71's in LT trim level look good with the flat black trim. It probably has a little to do with the "texture" also. And if you think about it, it's 'kinda the end an era with probably the last of the double stacked head lights and lack of LED daytime running lights on the '14's.

Funny thing though, I just can't get into the "black wheels" theme. I think I'm the only guy in town that still likes the OEM Z71 wheels.

I think what I really don’t like about the mirrors is even when they are color matched OR chrome, they are still half black. I might change my mind if a color match meant that the whole mirror was color matched. (I prefer them to be black because at least it’s a solid color, looks cleaner to me)

I think what I really don’t like about the mirrors is even when they are color matched OR chrome, they are still half black. I might change my mind if a color match meant that the whole mirror was color matched. (I prefer them to be black because at least it’s a solid color, looks cleaner to me)

I just got the color matched mirrors (Silver Ice Metallic) with the black bottoms....which is why I like my black door handles....kinda balances it out a little bit to me. If the handles are matched the mirror bottoms kinda stand out more. Does that make sense, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like every time I look at this poll, the choices have changed. It started with chrome or color match, then got black added a day later, now its got "mixed" added. With about 70 people voting before adding other "candidates", the results are so flawed that they are worthless.

Its been too long since I posted my other comment to even edit it. The mods might as well lock this topic down and lets start over if the OP is really wanting accurate results.

Seems like every time I look at this poll, the choices have changed. It started with chrome or color match, then got black added a day later, now its got "mixed" added. With about 70 people voting before adding other "candidates", the results are so flawed that they are worthless.

Its been too long since I posted my other comment to even edit it. The mods might as well lock this topic down and lets start over if the OP is really wanting accurate results.

I don't think this is some kind of exact experiment that the future of GM depends on, its a meaningless poll on a truck forum. Calm down.

My 2010 All Terrain had all colour matched stuff, but my 15 All Terrain has chrome stuff. Maybe i am getting older but the chrome has grown on me somewhat, the trim and handles. Would still like colour matched mirror caps to take away a little chrome though. PM me if you have oynx black painted caps and are looking for chrome, asked my dealer to pull some off the lot when I bought the truck but they wouldn't budge at all.

Archived