Low Coolant message issue in 2017 Silverado HD Duramax

I've seen several posts about low coolant messages on new 2500 HD Duramax engines. My new Silverado had this issue. At about 1500 miles, message came on and the dealership filled the reservoir and bled the system. Message came on again about 3,000 miles, so it went back to the dealership. The dealer pressurized the system over the weekend and then ran the system until hot. Turns out the lower radiator hose had a small defect. This hose apparently has several hoses that are attached to it. Technician said he hoped to never have to work on one again, lol. Wanted to share with you so that if you have this issue, have the dealer check the lower radiator hose system for defects. Other than that, this truck is awesome.

Thank you for sharing. Suggest sharing over on duramaxforum.com as well if you have not already, might be helpful to the Diesel boys (and girls) over there

I just got the message this morning when I started the truck. It also showed the traction control light. It went away after a minute. I turned the truck off a few minutes later and neither came back on when I started again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived