Backup warning

that would be your sensors... they should beep at you .. or at least mine does when backing up... ..yellow beeps.. then once hit red its a different beep..same beep but faster.

It depends if you have the sensors in the bumper that tell you if you're close to something in front or behind you. They're 4 of them and round. If you don't have the sensors then you won't hear anything, but if you do then you will. The sensors and backup camera are 2 different systems.

From the looks of your avatar, it looks like you don't have them but the pic is too small to be able to tell 100%.

I had a '14 LT with the camera but without the sensors and I never had a problem being able to tell how close I was too something. I would sometimes become within an inch to something and I was confident that I wouldn't hit it while looking at the camera, so it wasn't by chance that I was able to get that close sometimes. Some people complained about it not being as clear as other backup cameras, but I never had an issue being able to use it. I also figure a decent backup camera is better than no camera so I didn't feel the need to complain about it. I honestly feel that the sensors on the bumpers would only annoy the hell out of me instead of helping. If I was close enough to something to make them go off then I would also be going very slow so if I bumped anything it wouldn't even leave a scratch let alone a ding.

If you do have the sensors, there is a setting on the MyLink that allows you to turn them on and off I believe. It's under the "Park Assist" menu if I recall correctly.

Here's a picture of the sensors on my rear bumper. They are the four round "dots" on the chrome bumper.

post-147305-0-13756500-1502748830_thumb.jpg

This is where you can turn the sensors on and off.

If you do have the sensors, there is a setting on the MyLink that allows you to turn them on and off I believe. It's under the "Park Assist" menu if I recall correctly.

Here's a picture of the sensors on my rear bumper. They are the four round "dots" on the chrome bumper.

post-173247-0-07508200-1502817170_thumb.png

I found out if you have a have a tow hitch equipped it will turn the sensors off. Mine was slightly larger than normal and even with the setting in the radio to have them work with a hitch attached, the sensors must have sensed the hitch, and turned the system off. After removing the hitch, it still wouldn't work when i just moved a little back and forth in the driveway to test it. The button wouldn't even light up. It turns out that you have to drive the truck over 15mph to get the system to reset and start beeping again after removing the hitch.

Thanks all!!

Do you have the driver alert package - that gives you the sensors and more. I do hit that switch turning it off on a regular basis - such as when backing up to a trailer. I have mine set to seat buzzing - the tone is too startling when you get the red heads-up light on the windshield collision alert warning. I guess that is the idea though - but when it happens as a false alarm don't need the excitement. :noway:

Enhanced Driver Alert Package:

$945

Includes:

• Lane Keep Assist
  • IntelliBeam Headlamps
  • Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
  • Front and Rear Park Assist
  • Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat
  • On LT requires Regular Cab model, LT Convenience Package, 40/20/40 split-bench seat with Jet Black cloth interior trim and driver 10-way power seat adjuster
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab model requires LTZ Plus Package heated and vented front bucket seats

Archived