Won't burn out

I'm having some problems with my truck not burning out. It's a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 I know it can burnout it did it very will when I had it stock. I just installed cold air intake long tube headers and a custom tune,and now after I got it tune it won't burn out. Traction control is off its like if I have no power at all. But once rolling that's when the power gets put down. Any help would be great thank you

I know it's your truck, but honestly all you're doing is tearing stuff up. When I had my '98 Z71 yes I did burnouts a lot, went mudding a lot, did donuts and all of that. Well I got it in '04 and got rid of it in '14 so I had it 10 years. The major stuff that went bad was the engine went bad 2 times (so was on it's 2nd when it died and got rid of it so it's now on it's 3rd), the trans needed to be replaced (replaced instead of rebuilt so it had a faster turn around) and had the rear axle replaced 2 times (so it was on it's 3rd when I got rid of it). That's just the major stuff not including the normal things that went bad. This was also on a truck that only had roughly 145K miles on it when I did get rid of it, so not some high mileage truck with over 300K miles on it. I actually feel sorry for the guy that bought it after me. I just sold it to the shop that was replacing the engine.

I say this because it seems like it's not just once in a blue moon that you do this. Maybe as much as I used to or at least close. I'll also add that I stopped doing all of that crazy stuff about halfway through owning it, but still went mudding on occasion.

Again it's your truck, just trying to help save you a lot of money down the road. Of course unless you don't plan on keeping it long enough for all of that to catch up to you.

• Like 1

Believe it or not you can do burn outs once in while without doing harm. My 25 year old truck has the original rear end 373 posi, one rebuild on the engine for mods same with the transmission. You have to have the power to begin with. Don't redline long and don't power brake for ever. A 20 foot little smoker does little harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it or not you can do burn outs once in while without doing harm. My 25 year old truck has the original rear end 373 posi, one rebuild on the engine for mods same with the transmission. You have to have the power to begin with. Don't redline long and don't power brake for ever. A 20 foot little smoker does little harm.

My '98 also had 3.73s and the G80 rear end which may be the reason the rear end went out twice since back then the G80 wasn't exactly heavy duty. I used to do it a lot though which is why I said once in awhile won't do much but doing it as much as I did I'm probably surprised I didn't replace that stuff more. I remember having BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/As on it and the rears looks like slicks in less than a month. Thankfully I'm pass all that and got it out of my system. That could change if I ever bought a Camaro so I'm not sure I should trust myself with a V8 performance car lol. Hell I almost lost my license in a truck so imagine a Camaro.

My '98 also had 3.73s and the G80 rear end which may be the reason the rear end went out twice since back then the G80 wasn't exactly heavy duty. I used to do it a lot though which is why I said once in awhile won't do much but doing it as much as I did I'm probably surprised I didn't replace that stuff more. I remember having BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/As on it and the rears looks like slicks in less than a month. Thankfully I'm pass all that and got it out of my system. That could change if I ever bought a Camaro so I'm not sure I should trust myself with a V8 performance car lol. Hell I almost lost my license in a truck so imagine a Camaro.

I lost my license in 1976 in NJ, it wasn't hard to do on their point system. A 55 in a 50, 70 in a 55, 50 in a 50, it was raining. The was in a three year period. I've had three since, last one in 02.

I lost my license in 1976 in NJ, it wasn't hard to do on their point system. A 55 in a 50, 70 in a 55, 50 in a 50, it was raining. The was in a three year period. I've had three since, last one in 02.

The time I thought I would lose mine was when I raced another Silverado in my '98 and it was either the LT or SGT of the local police that pulled me over. I was so lucky that he just gave me a verbal warning and I don't think I raced anybody since then. I've also had 2 speeding tickets and 2 careless & wreckless tickets. I just had a lawyer get them dropped to improper equipment. The first ticket which was a careless & wreckless was dropped to 34 in a 25 and driving without due caution. I haven't had a ticket for maybe 10 years now that I think about it. At first I seemed to get 1 ticket per year and then it just stopped.

The time I thought I would lose mine was when I raced another Silverado in my '98 and it was either the LT or SGT of the local police that pulled me over. I was so lucky that he just gave me a verbal warning and I don't think I raced anybody since then. I've also had 2 speeding tickets and 2 careless & wreckless tickets. I just had a lawyer get them dropped to improper equipment. The first ticket which was a careless & wreckless was dropped to 34 in a 25 and driving without due caution. I haven't had a ticket for maybe 10 years now that I think about it. At first I seemed to get 1 ticket per year and then it just stopped.

I moved to Texas in 1979, not as strict here and the speed limits increased and I got older.

Yeah, the truck is to hold the traction control button down for 10 seconds, it just hitting it once.

I tried to brake torque it once and it didn't do crap. Held the traction button for 10 seconds and turned off all that crap. I just barely gave it gas and it lit them up so easily.

You probably didn't get the special burnout package like the rest of us did. It's special order and many don't know about it. GMC has tried to keep it quiet

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Just like the secret hidden vibration package that some have. But that's better than Ford's hidden frame bending package in the Raptors.

• Like 4